Peace Themed Jerseys?

Old January 6th 04, 09:09 PM
Kyle Legate

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

David Reuteler wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Rick Onanian wrote:
Turning off image loading is great for you dialup users to work
faster, too.

what the hell is a dial-up user?

Bwaahahahahahahahahahaaa!!

Good one.

Old January 6th 04, 09:18 PM
Dan Connelly

MattB wrote:
no spam wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, MattB wrote:

BUT, even though Porches are nice cars, I still don't have a lot of
love for Nazi-era Germany (who coencidentally had close ties with
the Swiss).

Godwin's law. Thread officially killed.

P.S. A masterful troll, the OP

Nice catch! Let's see if it works...

Matt

I don't see a comparison, so I don't think Godwin's Law is triggered:
http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms...win_s_Law.html

Dan

Old January 6th 04, 09:29 PM
Curtis L. Russell

"John Harlow" wrote in message
True economies of scale can only occur at full production and as has
been pointed out, supply is restricted.

Correct, maximum production efficiency occurs at highest production

levels.

=======================================
Economies of scale are not equivalent to maximum production efficiency.
Maximum production efficiency rarely occurs at highest production levels,
even ignoring staffing issues (which you can in a highly automated process
related to most pertroleum products) - it would occur only if the total
production process is perfectly tuned to produce across the entire process
at the highest production levels. Any section not so tuned and at highest
volume will produce a very inefficient bottleneck. Also unlikely, as most
processes don't function at that level very often or very long.

Economies of scale can act almost indepently of the efficiency of
production. The odds are that they will be highly correlated, but not
congruent. The longer the time frame that you use to define production
efficiency, the more likely a closer correlation - and the more likely it
ISN'T highest volume.

--
Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)

Old January 6th 04, 09:36 PM
Donald Munro

tcmedara wrote:
You should stop useless activities like those mentioned above and go ride
your bike.

Kevan Smith wrote:
I rode my bike to several of the protests. I wouold haver ridden to all of them,
but I don't have a bike trailer to carry signs, and they really cause a ton of
wind resistance when you strap them to your back.

Try growing a beard and riding a recumbent.

Old January 6th 04, 09:45 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 06 Jan 2004 19:16:57 GMT, David Reuteler wrote:

well, that & the girl carrying it was topless, sitting on someone's shoulders
and held the sign high over her head.
it was 3 maybe 4 minutes before i stopped laughing.

I thought you were going to say "before I noticed the sign" there...

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old January 6th 04, 09:58 PM
Stephen Harding

John Harlow wrote:

Unless he's riding his bike to the military base to go help
invade... er, I mean "liberate" Iraq, by riding a bike he's not
helping lower the price of gas.

Why not? Lowering demand tends to lower prices.

Because fuel is produced to meet demand, and the more you produce, the
cheaper it is per unit to produce. Learn about "economies of scale" from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale.

Ahh. So higher gas prices in summer are the result of oil companies
*cutting* production so the unit price will rise due to less fuel
being processed and the economies of scale effect?

Is this why oil prices rise due to cuts in production by OPEC?

SMH

Old January 6th 04, 10:11 PM
Critic

"Chris B." wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:40:41 -0500, "David L. Johnson"
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:49:07 -0600, Kevan Smith wrote:

I protested the Iraq war at a Bush rally and was threatened with

arrest. I also
protested in front of a federal building and was threatened with

various bodily
harm and had a gun pointed at me. And I protested in front of an Air

Force base
and got lots of supportive feedback and police protection.

You chose your locales in order to maximize the chance of your being
arrested.

Yeah, he should have stayed in a 'Free Speech Zone'.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/US/Wo..._031112-1.html

No, he should have had his ass kicked and been jailed for the duration for
sedition. We are at war, folks. How easily you all have forgotten that.

Old January 6th 04, 10:13 PM
Critic

"Kevan Smith" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 21:25:43 -0500, "tcmedara"

from
Cox Communications wrote:

Seriously though, if you're truly interested in supporting organizations
that ensure peace, then try these:

http://tinyurl.com/2pekj

http://tinyurl.com/39ws8

The U.S. military is insuring years of warfare by its actions in Iraq and
Afghanistan. It's another Vietnam.

Yeah, we should have just given them a big ole hug. That would have solved
everything.

Old January 6th 04, 10:18 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article ,
says...

In article ,
Matt O'Toole wrote:
Yeah, name one great thing or idea to come from Switzerland...

Chocolate?

I think you can thank the folks from Mexico for that.
Alex