Ouch !

Old October 27th 03, 05:49 AM
Man without pigs

Default Ouch !

Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

Old October 27th 03, 08:20 AM
Paul_MCMLIX

Man, that wedding tackle is gonna be so SORE....

--
Nil illigitimus carborundum

Nil illigitimus carborundum

Old October 26th 03, 11:39 AM
Deep Freud Moors

Man without pigs wrote in message

Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

He finds out the hard way just how sensitive his new disc brakes are!
---
DFM

Old October 27th 03, 12:05 PM
Fred Nieman

Man without pigs wrote:

Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

And Holland is supposed to be so bicycle-friendly...

Is it just an unhappy coincidence (staged? photoshop'd?) that poor
crashin' bike person (ouch!, redux) has done his (apparently) poor
crashin' bike person thing diagonally across the road from a concert
hall where the final thingy-bit of Wagner's Ring Cycle" ("Der Ring des
Nibelungen"). the "Götterdämmerung" ("Twilight of the Gods") is on?

Looks more like "Twilight of the Schnoz"...

Or, as Paul_MCMLIX said,
"Man, that wedding tackle is gonna be so SORE..."
so maybe "Twilight of the Cods"
http://www.amatory-ink.co.uk/thesaurus/malegenitals.htm

gets up on high horse well, at least he (apparently) was wearing a
bicycle helmet /high horse

xxx
Old October 28th 03, 12:16 PM
Fred Nieman

For DRS:
The truth is, we top-posters (which is an anagram of "we actually rule
the world") are united in a secret Illuminatii Black-Helicopters
Queen-Elizardbeast Merovingian Roswell-cover-up Saudi Rosicrucian
Electronic-Voice-Phenomena conspiracy to annoy you.
Sorry, now that I've told you, I have to kill you.
Umm, oops - don't have a clue who you are.
D'oh!
Unfortunately, since I've let our the secret of the top-posters cabal, I
am not long for this lif... sorry, someones knocking at the door.
It's been nice posti... dies horrible death

DRS wrote:

And Holland is supposed to be so bicycle-friendly...

The photo looks like Germany to me.

See below. Controversy Rages, The Jury is Still Out, and I'm emailing
the guy to settle this.

A: Top-posters.

See what I wro... hurp, smrff, gack..! [cf: horrible death]
--------------------
Heya Jeff

Jeff Jones wrote:
"DRS" wrote in message
Fred Nieman wrote
Man without pigs wrote:

The photo looks like Germany to me.

Especially with that pretentious car ad. I'm wondering whether the wide
angle of the shot was to fit that in.

Jeff

I'm guessing that pretentious car ads in .au, .nl, or wherever they are
would be so pretentious as to stay in the language they were in, that is
the country the car was from. Especially in Holland, where folks would
get most of the gist of "copy" in German.

--------------------
Heya Shab

Shabby wrote:
And Holland is supposed to be so bicycle-friendly...
The photo looks like Germany to me.

The umlaut on the A in the car ad and the nl suffix on the web address
suggests the Netherlands (a.k.a. Holland) to me.

I agree. But, Dutch, Holland, Netherlands, Nederland... so many names
for such a li'l country...

German bike paths are also usually a different colored concrete as well.

Didn't know that - thx. Kind of like the Bus (aka defacto Bike ,but
also Lanes of Death) Lanes in metro Sydney
--
Nil illigitimus carborundum

Keep, umm, un-carborundum-papering them, umm,illigitimuses. Shab.

--------------------
Heya cfsmtb

cfsmtb wrote:

Oh gawd Just managed to get the link to work. Oh the injustice,
lets just pray he didn't have bar extensions either....

My mum sent me an email a little while ago about
how bar-ends (on flat-bar bikes) can be dangerous for ones liver...
Oh, the humanity. etc...

--------------------
Heya Jeff, again

Jeff Jones wrote:

The umlaut on the A in the car ad and the nl suffix on the web address
suggests the Netherlands (a.k.a. Holland) to me.

It's definitely Germany. The umlaut on the A in the car ad proves that. Also
the "Der [Neue] Lexus" below it. The Dutch use either "De" or "Het".

Jeff

As I blunt-crayoned in clumsy block-capitals before, it might be that
the ad in German is what they put up in .nl ...

xxx to y'all

ps: some feedback/flame-age/etc about the Richard Wagner/Opera comments
would be nice, ngroup..

Old October 28th 03, 12:55 PM
Fred Nieman

Man without pigs wrote:

Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

Forgot to mention: what is this Ouch! face-plant person doing riding a
full-suspension bike around city, anyway?
Old October 28th 03, 12:29 AM
Deep Freud Moors

Fred Nieman wrote in message
Man without pigs wrote:

Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

Forgot to mention: what is this Ouch! face-plant person doing riding a
full-suspension bike around city, anyway?

And just how long would he have that bike before it got stolen? Holland's
bike thieves are renkowned for their efficiency at separating bikes from
their owners. They say you don't buy a bike in Holland, you just rent it for
a while...
---
DFM

Old October 30th 03, 04:10 AM
Tim Jones

Man without pigs wrote:

Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

Forgot to mention: what is this Ouch! face-plant person doing riding a
full-suspension bike around city, anyway?

It looks like a hardtail with mudguards to me...

Tim

Old October 29th 03, 11:20 PM
cfsmtb

ps: "Aah, aah, we fade to grey; and I ran, I ran so far away; I'm lost
and I'm found, and I'm hungry like the wolf; heaven, must be there;
city on a rainy day down by the harbour, this is not the way that I
remember it here..." Ten points for the name of the song, ten points
for the name of the group, fifteen points if you can name the album
the song was from, and twenty-five bonus points if you can remember
seeing them on "Countdown"...

Hey ho lets go....

1. Visage, Fade to Gray (1981)
2. I Ran, Flock of Seagulls (1982)
3. Hungry Like The Wolf, Duran Duran (1982)
4. Heaven, Eurogliders (1982-3?)
5. Great Southern Land, Icehouse (1982)

6. Vid Clip on Countdown, much posing from Steve Strange & Co, plus a
shop dummy wearing much makeup,
7. Vid Clip on Countdown, young tryhard English boys & girls running
around in big baggy slacks, birdsnest hairdo's, remember much orange
and sheets of plastic in the background for some reason. A wind
machine was in there too.
8. Too many to mention, poncy English New Romantics (or alternatively
read "Lombards") make classy "we're on holiday" video clips in Sri
Lanka with hot looking chicks, DD made many personal appearances on
Countdown when in the country,
9. Vid Clip on Countdown, cinematic big budget affair shot in either a
big studio or on a farm, Grace Knight singing her little heart out.
Appeared live on the show too.
10. Vid Clip on Countdown, Iva looking all surly and wearing big
pants, trying not to stumble off a quarry cliff somewhere in
Kur-ing-gai Chase.

Ok, there were no sightings of bikes in any of these videos, but do I
win a slab of Mountain Goat ? cheers

PS, this is all from memory and I didn't use Google once, I'm just
reallyreally old)

--
life ain't much but there's nothing else to do