I am sure glad I spent the money on really good brakes

Old August 25th 05, 05:50 AM
Steve knight

Default I am sure glad I spent the money on really good brakes

Well part was the great brakes (Paul component v brakes and the 2
finger levers) and the recumbent.
I had playing leap frog with city buses. I prefer if they are slow to
keep ahead or have them keep far enough ahead so I don't have to pass
them. But one passed me today and when he stopped at a corner (to pick
someone up) I passed him. I was doing about 20 and sped up to get past
before he took off again.
Well an idiot in a van decided that since he could not see the cars
coming at him it was a good time to cross the street. Of course I
could not see him till he was about ½ in front of the bus.
I have not been able to stop hard enough with most brakes to skid
the back tire on my road bike or bent. I guess I am too much of an
anchor (G) but I am pretty sure the back was sliding and or front. But
even as I slid a bit side to side I had control and I was stopping
pretty fast. Not sure if he had stopped I would have stopped in time
or not. Hell I don't know if the idiot even saw me. I was too busy
stopping to use the air horn like I wanted too. If I was on my road
bike I would have been over the bars.
I tested before I could stop at 20mph in a car length plus about 3'
with good control. But that little bit more sure added to the braking
length.
Hell I did not even fully stop as he was across the street.

Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes

Great Money Making Opportunity gh General 0 March 24th 05 04:55 AM
easy money in 30 days trip Rides 0 March 11th 05 04:59 AM
easy money in 30 days trip General 0 March 11th 05 04:14 AM