Bronx River (NY) Trail Question

Old August 25th 05, 04:05 PM
Jeff Grippe

Default Bronx River (NY) Trail Question

Hi All,

I know that this is a very regional question and I'm sure I should already
know the answer but I don't.

According to the literature on the Bronx River Trail, there is a section of
it that goes South from White Plains to Hartsdale or Scarsdale. I have been
able to find the trail that goes North from White Plains, and I've been able
to find signs that point to the trail going South. I just haven't been able
to find the trail itself that goes South.

Does anyone reading this know where to pickup the Southbound Bronx River
Trail from White Plains?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old August 26th 05, 02:06 PM
Jeff Grippe

I found it myself. Out of pure unselfish concern for my fellow recumbent
brothers and sisters, I am not going to tell you where it is.

It was in dreadful shape. There were a few small sections that were pretty
and well maintained but I went through one section that required a machete
to trim back the growth. I went through another section where after a short
downhill, I was dumped into a sand trap (6-8 inches of sand about 15 feet
long). There is nothing quite like hitting a patch of sand on a trike at 12
MPH.

My trike hasn't recovered from the experience. I'm going to need to spend
some time with the rear wheel and the transmission. Yuk.

Jeff