Heart rates.

Old January 21st 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Heart rates.

The club training ride the other night was interesting. I was standing in a
bus shelter next to this guy who is a local time trial champ, waiting for
everyone to turn up and I noticed my heart rate was 90 and glanced at his
which was 70. As I leant over to see his HRM display it shot up to 95. He
was stunned until he realised it was picking up my heart instead of his!

Heading over the Humber Bridge into a gale force wind my alarm went off at
180 bpm as I dropped off the back. When I met up with them again after 5
laps of our circuit they wanted to know why I got left. I said I was already
*10 bpm* over my theoretical max and as such could not go any harder, which
seemed to amuse them. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to keep up :-(

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Times article urban cycling and heart disease Peewiglet UK 53 August 25th 05 11:30 PM
UK: Urban cyclists raise their risk of heart disease cfsmtb Australia 22 August 23rd 05 09:02 AM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
Metabolism of Fat at Elevated Heart Rates Your name Techniques 11 September 16th 04 07:11 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM