Re-living the TdF "horses racing the peloton" scene

Old April 21st 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Re-living the TdF "horses racing the peloton" scene

It seems like every year the 'Tour coverage has a shot of people on
horseback (or horses on their own) in an adjacent field, racing the riders
for a bit. On today's Primavera 100K, it was just like that! On Calaveras,
my son and I were zipping along while, just up the hill, there they were,
racing us!

Not horses.

Cows.

But hey, a couple of the younger ones get going at a pretty respectable
clip.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old April 21st 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

It seems like every year the 'Tour coverage has a shot of people on
horseback (or horses on their own) in an adjacent field, racing the riders
for a bit. On today's Primavera 100K, it was just like that! On Calaveras,
my son and I were zipping along while, just up the hill, there they were,
racing us!

Not horses.

Cows.

But hey, a couple of the younger ones get going at a pretty respectable
clip.

Cows running look pretty funny. Did you see any turkeys (um, of the bird variety)?
Last time I was out there I saw a group of about 30.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old April 21st 08, 08:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

| "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
|
| It seems like every year the 'Tour coverage has a shot of people on
| horseback (or horses on their own) in an adjacent field, racing the
riders
| for a bit. On today's Primavera 100K, it was just like that! On
Calaveras,
| my son and I were zipping along while, just up the hill, there they
were,
| racing us!
|
| Not horses.
|
| Cows.
|
| But hey, a couple of the younger ones get going at a pretty respectable
| clip.
|
| Cows running look pretty funny. Did you see any turkeys (um, of the bird
variety)?
| Last time I was out there I saw a group of about 30.

Quite a few turkeys actually. My son was mad that I missed seeing one right
next to the roadway, but when I'm pulling the train, I'm focused more
directly on the road ahead and don't have a whole lot of time for
sight-seeing.

Old April 21st 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Beginning of new rider's union?

I almost forgot the best part of the ride.

At the final rest stop, I tell my son, who's sitting in a chair resting,
that it's time to head out. To which he replies, very matter of factly-

"Dad, I'm on break."

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old April 22nd 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

It seems like every year the 'Tour coverage has a shot of people on
horseback (or horses on their own) in an adjacent field, racing the riders
for a bit. On today's Primavera 100K, it was just like that! On Calaveras,
my son and I were zipping along while, just up the hill, there they were,
racing us!

Not horses.

Cows.

But hey, a couple of the younger ones get going at a pretty respectable
clip.

And then there's always that one fan, who, unwilling to show respect for
the riders and stay by the side of the course, has to make a horse's ass
of themselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-xR1HErmH8