Okay, I'm impressed with Nozal

Old September 12th 03, 04:50 PM
Robert Chung

Default Okay, I'm impressed with Nozal

He cracked but he hung tougher than I thought he would and limited his
damage. He should lose his jersey tomorrow, though.

Old September 12th 03, 05:12 PM
Bart

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
He cracked but he hung tougher than I thought he would and limited his
damage.

And before that he led the bunch for a very long while working for Igor,
taking that minute back on the Heras group.

Old September 12th 03, 08:09 PM
Robert Chung

Bart wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message
He cracked but he hung tougher than I thought he would and limited his
damage.

And before that he led the bunch for a very long while working for Igor,
taking that minute back on the Heras group.

Did IGG make an attacking move today? If so, I didn't see it.

Old September 12th 03, 11:00 PM
Boyd Speerschneider

"Robert Chung" wrote in news:3f6219f2$0$28891
:

Bart wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message
He cracked but he hung tougher than I thought he would and limited his
damage.

And before that he led the bunch for a very long while working for Igor,
taking that minute back on the Heras group.

Did IGG make an attacking move today? If so, I didn't see it.

Nope, he's waiting, holding his cards close to his chest.
Old September 12th 03, 11:41 PM
trg

Bart wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message
He cracked but he hung tougher than I thought he would and limited his
damage.

And before that he led the bunch for a very long while working for

Igor,
taking that minute back on the Heras group.

Did IGG make an attacking move today? If so, I didn't see it.

Nope, he's waiting, holding his cards close to his chest.

I don't expect to see IGG attacking. He's not gonna win in the mountains, he
can only lose. His strategy has got to be to try to stay with Heras in the
mountains and count on his superior TT skills. Just as Heras has to try to
attack in the mountains to be able to withstand the loss of time to IGG that
will come in the TT.

---

Old September 13th 03, 03:59 AM
lazysegall

Boyd Speerschne wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in
news:3f6219f2$0$28891news:3f6219f2$0$28891 :
Bart wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message news:3f61eb33$-
:3f61eb33$0$13285 -
ee.fr...
He cracked but he hung tougher than I thought he would and limited
his damage.

And before that he led the bunch for a very long while working for
Igor, taking that minute back on the Heras group.

Did IGG make an attacking move today? If so, I didn't see it.

Nope, he's waiting, holding his cards close to his chest.

He also might not be in top form (might not be doping now). I mean
seriously IGG should destroy Beltran in the ITT. I mean Beltran could
barely stay with the postal boys in the TTT at the Tour. IGG also lost
some time to Heras and others at the very end of the stage. He might win
thanks to good team support, but I wouldn;t pick him.

Old September 14th 03, 09:22 PM
Keith

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:50:07 +0200, "Robert Chung"
wrote:

He cracked but he hung tougher than I thought he would and limited his
damage. He should lose his jersey tomorrow, though.

Good call Robert ;-)

Just as brilliant as my "Armstrong will crack in Luz-Ardiden after
seeing Ullrich attack in the Tourmalet" !

Old September 15th 03, 12:06 PM
Robert Chung

Keith wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:50:07 +0200, "Robert Chung" wrote

He cracked but he hung tougher than I thought he would and limited his
damage. He should lose his jersey tomorrow, though.

Good call Robert ;-)

Just as brilliant as my "Armstrong will crack in Luz-Ardiden after
seeing Ullrich attack in the Tourmalet" !

Yeah. I'm triply impressed with him now. I thought for sure he'd get
dropped Saturday or Sunday, but he's showed a good amount of fight. He put
10 more seconds into Heras and only lost two to Frigo. Can't say the same
thing about IGG, who seemed like he couldn't really follow any attack.

I sorta like Sevilla so it hurts to see him struggle.

I thought it was pretty interesting seeing the Div. 2 Labarca-Cafe Baque
lead the chase. Too bad they don't still have that guy from Burkina Fasso.