A suggestion for responses to Trolls

Old August 1st 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default A suggestion for responses to Trolls

"Andrew Price" wrote in message
On 1 Aug 2006 13:48:18 -0700, "JimmyMac" wrote:

Ed Dolan once again wields the brush to paint another self-portrait of
himself as ARBRs TROLL!!!!

So why did you find it necessary to quote his entire post?

Because it is the proper way to respond to a message on Usenet, you freaking
idiot! Either get up to speed yourself or go **** yourself, you confounded
moron!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 1st 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
ups.com...

Andrew Price wrote:
On 1 Aug 2006 13:48:18 -0700, "JimmyMac" wrote:

Ed Dolan once again wields the brush to paint another self-portrait of
himself as ARBRs TROLL!!!!

So why did you find it necessary to quote his entire post?

The first quoted post without a reply was a slip up. The second was so
that readers would know specifically what I was referring to ... word
for word.

Jim McNamara

Jim, you are finally posting correctly. Don't let these confounded ostriches
like Andrew Price mislead you. He does not know his ass from a hole in the
ground.

Old August 2nd 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
... Tom

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Andrew Price" wrote in message

So why did you find it necessary to quote his entire post?

Because it is the proper way to respond to a message on Usenet, you freaking
idiot! Either get up to speed yourself or go **** yourself, you confounded
moron!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

You are wrong. Quote the part to which you are responding, delete the
rest. It you're going to aspire to being King of the Internet, get it
right.

... Tom

Old August 2nd 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"... Tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Edward Dolan wrote:
"Andrew Price" wrote in message

So why did you find it necessary to quote his entire post?

Because it is the proper way to respond to a message on Usenet, you
freaking
idiot! Either get up to speed yourself or go **** yourself, you
confounded
moron!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

You are wrong. Quote the part to which you are responding, delete the
rest. It you're going to aspire to being King of the Internet, get it
right.

If you are responding to the message in toto, then you should include the
entire message. If you are just responding to part of the message, then you
need only include that part that you are responding to.

The fact is that there is not one person in a hundred who knows how to edit
a message. It is always better to include too much than too little. If you
haven't a clue, then you should include the entire message to which you are
responding if only in part.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris Neary

If you haven't a clue, then you should include the entire message to which you are
responding if only in part.

Good to see you follow your own advice.

Chris Neary

"If you think I'm so controlling,
why do you follow me around?" - The Offspring
Old August 2nd 06, 03:33 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

"Chris Neary" wrote in message

[newsgroups modified]

[Edward Dolan wrote:]

If you haven't a clue, then you should include the entire message to
which you are
responding if only in part.

Good to see you follow your own advice.

That is because I am generally responding to the entire message, not just
part of it. I am Usenet's foremost genius on how to edit a post. It comes
from my training as a professional librarian.

Old August 2nd 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris Neary

If you haven't a clue, then you should include the entire message to
which you are responding if only in part.

Good to see you follow your own advice.

That is because I am generally responding to the entire message, not just
part of it. I am Usenet's foremost genius on how to edit a post. It comes
from my training as a professional librarian.

Pity your training required the surgical removal of the portion of your
brain used to sense irony.

Chris Neary

"Against stupidity even the gods struggle in vain" - Goethe
Old August 2nd 06, 06:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
S Curtiss

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:dLOdneYCX5ltk03ZnZ2dnUVZ_qadnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

[newsgroups modified]

[Edward Dolan wrote:]

If you haven't a clue, then you should include the entire message to
which you are
responding if only in part.

Good to see you follow your own advice.

That is because I am generally responding to the entire message, not just
part of it. I am Usenet's foremost genius on how to edit a post. It comes
from my training as a professional librarian.

Maybe you should try editing BEFORE you post. It would save the rest of from
a lot of useless babble. Your "training" means nothing on usenet because, to
paraphrase your own words, usenet means nothing. You can't deride the
legitmacy of usenet then brag about your "qualifications" to post on it. But
you contradict yourself constantly, little man.

Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS. Edward Dolan Social Issues 29 June 17th 06 10:49 PM
Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS. Edward Dolan General 25 June 17th 06 10:49 PM
Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS. Edward Dolan Mountain Biking 35 June 17th 06 10:49 PM
Motoring and trolls Simon Brooke UK 84 December 20th 05 06:27 PM
20th USPRO Philly to be the last one?? Ronde Champ Racing 6 June 1st 04 01:55 AM