Electronic shifting system

Old September 1st 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

Default Electronic shifting system

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

The last set of Look pedals I owned were the reason I broke my
collarbone.

Yeah, the quality went WAY down for awhile and I bought a bunch of
DuraAce look-type pedals to use. Now they're back to being fairly good.
The cleats had become absolute crap and I couldn't use Look cleats
anymore because they rattled in the pedals. The latest cleats are back to
working well.

That wasn't the issue I experienced. My cleats fit fine, but the spring
tension in the pedals wasn't sufficient for standing starts. I pulled out
once while doing starts on my road bike and a second time a couple of
months later on a track bike. The fixed gear kept turning the cranks and
launched me over the bars.

I can hardly believe that you could pull out of those pedals with new cleats
and a good fit. I haven't pulled out of them EVER except when I wasn't
clipped in properly. I do know that some of the cleats and pedals would
allow you to sort of clip in off to one side and then you could pull out.
But it felt funny and would turn your foot a little so that you would unclip
and reclip in so that it felt right.

Tom: I don't reckon that you're a national-level trackie, either.

(Sure, Carl's a has-been, but he's our has-been!)

Old September 1st 07, 07:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Donald Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Tom: I don't reckon that you're a national-level trackie, either.
(Sure, Carl's a has-been, but he's our has-been!)

And we can sell him if we're ever short of alcohol money (which is
more than can be said for Kunich).

Electronic help David Damerell UK 1 October 7th 06 03:35 AM
Electronic help Nigel Cliffe UK 2 October 6th 06 10:47 PM
Electronic Shifting [email protected] Racing 52 March 18th 06 09:06 AM
FS: CycleOps Electronic Plus $750 xavier Marketplace 0 December 23rd 05 08:39 PM
AMB electronic timing system - good? Spider1977 Australia 0 June 4th 05 02:37 PM