Is Rahsaan Bahati a racist?

Old January 14th 09, 06:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Is Rahsaan Bahati a racist?

"Amit Ghosh" wrote in message

this bears out with my experience: there aren't enought science/
techinnical jobs for the numbers of grads that are produced.

You are completely correct but mostly because most of those jobs are moving
to India or China.

Old January 14th 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jan 13, 11:30*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:

"The National Science Foundation data show that of the students who
graduated from 1993 to 2001, 20% of the bachelor's holders went on to
complete master's degrees in fields other than science and engineering
and an additional 45% were working in other fields. Of those who
completed master's degrees, 7% continued their education and 31% were
working in fields other than science and engineering. "

this bears out with my experience: there aren't enought science/
techinnical jobs for the numbers of grads that are produced. almost
all the bachelor degree engineers i know work in IT or as programmers.
many also go on to get MBAs or masters degrees in fields like finance.

Now compare the number of people with degrees and specialized training
to the whole of the population. You are left with a ****load who have
little to no usefull skills and the number of non/semi-skilled jobs
outside the service sector has crashed since the early 70s. We're
definitely doing an education divide as well as a wealth divide.
Bill C
Old January 14th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jan 14, 8:46*am, Bill C wrote:
[...]

Should've tacked this on:

"In 100 years we have gone from teaching Latin and Greek
in high school to teaching Remedial English in college."
-- Joseph Sobran
(1946- ) Columnist
http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_...ran.Quote.57EF

Bill C
Old January 14th 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Bill C wrote:

"In 100 years we have gone from teaching Latin and Greek
in high school to teaching Remedial English in college."
-- Joseph Sobran
(1946- ) Columnist
http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_...ran.Quote.57EF

That's ridiculous. If a person is not literate enough to read their
textbooks or express an idea on paper, they have should not be in
college in the first place. They failed the system somewhere in public
school.

Having said that, I bet Rahsaan Bahati never had to attend remedial
english classes.
Old January 14th 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jan 14, 1:02*pm, Kyle Legate wrote:
Bill C wrote:

"In 100 years we have gone from teaching Latin and Greek
in high school to teaching Remedial English in college."
-- Joseph Sobran
(1946- ) Columnist
http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_...ran.Quote.57EF

That's ridiculous. If a person is not literate enough to read their
textbooks or express an idea on paper, they have should not be in
college in the first place. They failed the system somewhere in public
school.

Having said that, I bet Rahsaan Bahati never had to attend remedial
english classes.

Agree on both counts Kyle. The system is broken from top to bottom.
Bill C
Old January 15th 09, 05:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect