A suggestion for responses to Trolls

Old July 30th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Sir Ridesalot

Default A suggestion for responses to Trolls

Hello there.

For the past few weks I have been a very frequent visitor to a number
of the rec.bikes. newsgroups.

One thing I have noticed is a very large number of posts made by
obvious and sometimes well known Trolls. Something else I have noticed
is that often times people reply saying "Please don't feed the Trolls"
or make some flipant comment directed at the Troll.

I see there are a couple of particlarly active Trolls on a number of
these groups.

It has crossed my mind that many Trolls dearly wish to see a response
-- ANY response.

Therefore, would it not be in the best interests of the groups to
simply *COMPLETELY IGNORE* *ALL* posts made by Trolls? I believe that
absolutely no response to their baiting would soon cause them to move
to other more fertile domains.

Besides that though I'd like to say a hearty thank you to all members
who make usefull suggestions to many of the legitimate questions on
these groups.

Peter

Old July 30th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

First,
I am not a troll, but a certain fellow named Brickston has been clogging
up the group for at least the last 3 months trying to nit pick
everything I have ever said. He is now forever in my kill file so that
we may get back to normal bike related stuff. There was a fellow named
Ed Dolan who seems to have given up, but the rest of us are cyclists,
some road fanatics, and some road and MTB (me), so there will be
collisions sometimes. Political topics pull us off course once in a
while but those (usually) fade in about a week.
Welcome, to the group, and all it's quirks.
Bill Baka
Old July 30th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
R Brickston

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 06:23:34 GMT, Bill Baka
wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Yes you are. You continually make the most outlandish claims about
your personal life that invites "discussion." You're one of the worst
trolls on usenet.

but a certain fellow named Brickston has been clogging
up the group for at least the last 3 months trying to nit pick
everything I have ever said.

Yeah, I'm simply just giving you what you deserve.

He is now forever in my kill file so that
we may get back to normal bike related stuff.

That'll be the day.

There was a fellow named
Ed Dolan who seems to have given up, but the rest of us are cyclists,

No, no Billy, you're not a cyclist, you're a bull**** artist, and not
a very good one.

some road fanatics, and some road and MTB (me), so there will be
collisions sometimes. Political topics pull us off course once in a
while but those (usually) fade in about a week.

Unlike your posts which always turn the subject to Bill Baka.

Welcome, to the group, and all it's quirks.

and a bull****ter named:

Bill Baka

Old July 30th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

If you filter out the trolls and also those who can't resist replying,
you never see them at all.
Old July 30th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

Old July 30th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

Sorry for that posting error.

"catzz66" wrote in message
If you filter out the trolls and also those who can't resist replying, you
never see them at all.

There are some who can't resist replying who otherwise have worthy things to
say. I am not quite ready to killfile all of those people, too. I just wish
they wouldn't quote so extensively.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old July 30th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
M. Bakunin

In article . net,
"Claire Petersky" wrote:

say. I am not quite ready to killfile all of those people, too. I just wish
they wouldn't quote so extensively.

and maybe also quit cross-posting. we end up with the same clogging on
several newsgroups...

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 30th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris Neary

You're one of the worst trolls on usenet.

LOL.

You *are* new around here, aren't you?

Chris Neary

"Prize the doubt, low kinds exist without"
- Inscription at Ramsmeyer Hall, Ohio State University
Old July 30th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

"catzz66" wrote in message
If you filter out the trolls and also those who can't resist replying, you
never see them at all.

There are some who can't resist replying who otherwise have worthy things to
say. I am not quite ready to killfile all of those people, too. I just wish
they wouldn't quote so extensively.

I kill filed Brickston so you won't see me replying to his absurdly long
posts anymore, and Dolan, entertaining for a while has gone off the radar.
Bill Baka (Back to 'mostly' bike stuff)
Old July 30th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
R Brickston

"catzz66" wrote in message
If you filter out the trolls and also those who can't resist replying, you
never see them at all.

There are some who can't resist replying who otherwise have worthy things to
say. I am not quite ready to killfile all of those people, too. I just wish
they wouldn't quote so extensively.

I kill filed Brickston so you won't see me replying to his absurdly long
posts

/My/ "absurdly long posts???" Billy is the King of "absurdly long
posts." Underline "absurd."

anymore, and Dolan, entertaining for a while has gone off the radar.
Bill Baka (Back to 'mostly' bike stuff)

Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS. Edward Dolan Social Issues 29 June 17th 06 10:49 PM
Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS. Edward Dolan General 25 June 17th 06 10:49 PM
Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS. Edward Dolan Mountain Biking 35 June 17th 06 10:49 PM
Motoring and trolls Simon Brooke UK 84 December 20th 05 06:27 PM
20th USPRO Philly to be the last one?? Ronde Champ Racing 6 June 1st 04 01:55 AM