Beth Got Married!

Old July 30th 04, 04:34 PM
skip

Default Beth Got Married!

"nget" wrote in message

skip Wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message
om...
"Edward Dolan" wrote:

The forests of Washington and Oregon need to be conserved. To cut

down a
great Sitka Spruce or a Redwood is a sin against God and Nature.

Those
who
commit these terrible mortal sins will surely burn in Hell for all

eternity.
If the pretext of the spotted owl (an endangered species) will

protect
these
great trees, then I am all for it.

Old growth forest cannot be replaced by man. It is the creation of

thousands
of years. If we had our heads screwed on straight, we would be

worshipping
at those great trees. They are a cathedral of spirituality. When I

walk
among the great trees of the Pacific Northwest I am as close to God

as I
am
ever going to get in this world.

For the ultimate experience of the great trees and the great forest

you
must
be in the presence of the Giant Sequoia which only exist in the

Sierra
Nevada Mountains of California. To cut down one of these trees is

sacrilege. Anyone who would do such a thing ought to be executed

forthwith
for murder. My God, what can we humans be like that we should ever

do
such a
thing!

Dolan, you're coming across like some kind of card-carrying

Greenpeace
Liberal!

Mark

Mark I've seen in the old growth trees in North Carolina's Joyce
Kilmer
Memorial Forrest.
http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/u...c/hik_kilm.htm

If you can't feel something spiritual walking among these trees then
I'm
afraid you may be spiritually dead. I would be willing to do whatever
it
takes to stop someone trying to cut one of these trees down and I'm
anything
but a card-carrying Greenpeace Liberal. Clear your mind then go spend
some
time with these trees.

skip (who rarely talks about spiritual matters)

No one is sayiing that we should cut down the last redwood.But many
more trees will die if we don't wake up and realize that it is up to us
to manage our national forest lands.We need to have access to thin and
clean up our forests or they will continue to burn to the ground while
our envirmental saviors rub their hands with glee while they watch the
fire.It is not a pretty sight to see and know that the animals also die
in these fires.If you think supply and demand does not drive up the
price of lumber than you would rather see good logs rotting on the
ground ,while we import Trees from other forests around the world.I
suppose that our trees are more sacred than theirs.

--
nget

nget if I catch you trying to cut down any first growth trees I will shoot
you. In as much as you most likely ride a recumbent I will, in the spirit
of recumbency brotherhood, give you a break see I can only wing you.

skip

Old July 30th 04, 05:54 PM
nget

skip Wrote:
"nget" wrote in message

skip Wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message
om...
"Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]

Better put down that gun and think about the house you live in may be
built from old growth timber.I wouldn't want you to wing yourself.

--
nget

Old July 30th 04, 07:52 PM
Mikael Seierup

"Child" skrev...

Thats him! Mikael! I love that guy!~ Let me know when you get the
pictures back up!

Oh, now you tell me when you're married and all. ;o)
Many congratulations from this danish liberal treehugger.

And give the dawgs a biscuit from me. I never found out if the dogcam
was broken or they just didn't move all day. :-)

Cheers
Mikael

Old July 30th 04, 10:18 PM
Edward Dolan

"nget" wrote in message
[...]

No one is sayiing that we should cut down the last redwood.But many
more trees will die if we don't wake up and realize that it is up to us
to manage our national forest lands.We need to have access to thin and
clean up our forests or they will continue to burn to the ground while
our envirmental saviors rub their hands with glee while they watch the
fire.It is not a pretty sight to see and know that the animals also die
in these fires.If you think supply and demand does not drive up the
price of lumber than you would rather see good logs rotting on the
ground ,while we import Trees from other forests around the world.I
suppose that our trees are more sacred than theirs.

nget is mostly right about this. Recent forestry and scientific studies have
shown that fire is quite necessary to maintain a healthy forest (renewal and
all). I remember all those lodgepole pine forests in Yellowstone prior to
the great fires of '88. There were more dead trees lying on the ground than
there were those living. Everyone could see that something was dreadfully
wrong. Some cutting and thinning of the forests does make a lot of sense in
order to prevent really disastrous fires.

But what I am talking about is old growth climax forest. We only have a few
patches of that kind of forest left in the entire country. These patches
need to be preserved and protected. Positively no cutting.

We mostly have tree farms now (mainly in the South) to supply us with our
lumber needs. Those who want to cut the national forests want to do so
because they did not have to grow them. It is the old rape and pillage
philosophy which never seems to go away.

Conservation (which includes management) is the only thing that makes any
sense and in some cases preservation (that Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest that
skip mentions for instance) is the only way to go if we want to know where
we all came from in the first place. We here in America do not want to end
up like Europe, deforested, or like most of the rest of the world - denuded
of everything natural. The entire Middle East is a beautiful example of what
your future world will look like if you do not conserve and preserve the
natural world.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old July 31st 04, 01:13 AM
Joe Keenan

"Torben Scheel" wrote in message ...
Cletus Lee wrote:

I see a Torben post here today. perhaps like me he still monitors
the list too.

Yup, when I can find the time. Not much of interest anymore, alas.

Anout incredible english - Mikael works as a translator, so the competition
is hard ;-)

I had a dream lately - It was about a very persistent troll in a newsgroup
who wrote so much that his fingers wore down. I don't know if it helped the
group, the buzzer woke me up.

ROFL...thanks for the grin. Needed that.

Slow Joe Recumbo
Old July 31st 04, 04:39 AM
Tom Sherman

Child wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Child wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Beth,

The two Earth Cycles are what I mostly ride now. Everyone on a.r.b.r.
loves it when I post about my Sunset, but a couple are upset about
losing the eBay auction for the Dragonflyer.
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/sunset/Sunset001.jpg,
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/Dragonflyer/df2.jpg.

--
Tom Sherman ?Quad City Area

There is only two wheels on the new bike! Whassup with that?

I am slack jawed in horror that I missed the opportunity to purchase the
dragonflyer myself! Nice bike.

Mr. Larry Varney was hoping to win the auction, when someone else
exercised the "purchase now" fixed price option. The winner of the
auction purchased the Dragonflyer with me in mind. However, I did not
reveal this, but did imply that there was more to the story.

who bought the dragonflyer?

Someone who resold it too me before taking delivery. I ended up driving
to Ohio and back to pick up the trike - almost 1000 miles in one day.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old July 31st 04, 04:46 AM
Tom Sherman

Default [Delusional Doland ] Beth Got Married!

Edward Dolan wrote:

"Child" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Child wrote:

Dear ARBR's,
Please excuse me while I play with your troll....

This should be fun.

By the way, Mr. Ed is a talking horse, not a troll. Here is a picture

of

Ed with some of his postings:
http://www.yourneighborhoodnews.com/banhorsemanure.jpg.

--
Tom Sherman ?Quad City Area

Mr. Tom is quite a card, isn't he? The reason he is nothing other than
another ARBR jerk is because of his sense of humor. It is strictly
retrograde and juvenile. He truly has never grown up and will never be

an

adult until his sense of humor undergoes a metamorphosis. An intelligent
adult sensibility would never be so childish. But hey, Child is to

childish

so maybe the two of you can make beautiful music together.

Come now, Mr. Ed. Earlier today you were telling me how intelligent and
educated Tom. Surely, a little humor at your expense couldn't hurt you.
Remind me to tell you about the time Cletus called me "landscape butt".

Mr. Tom has played this bit of humor to death. Obviously, he thinks it is
hilarious or he would not keep on like he does. Humor is actually a very
dangerous thing to play around with unless you know your object is on the
same page you are. Mostly, your object never is....

Mr. Ed,

It is only funny because of you. [1]

[1] I re-posted the link for the benefit of those who might not have
seen it yet. [2]
[2] Footnote, since Mr. Ed hates footnotes.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old July 31st 04, 04:48 AM
Tom Sherman

Child wrote:

Dear ARBR's,
Please excuse me while I play with your troll....

This should be fun.

By the way, Mr. Ed is a talking horse, not a troll. Here is a picture of
Ed with some of his postings:
http://www.yourneighborhoodnews.com/banhorsemanure.jpg.

ROFLMAO.

Curious where you found a picture of horse**** though! And Why.

I did a web search to find the picture. As for why, there was a thread
about what Mr. Dolan looked like, and this was my contribution.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old July 31st 04, 05:00 AM
Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

...If I weren't here
manning the ramparts this group would be gone to hell in a trice.

Mmmmmm, Trice. [1] Make mine a Micro [2]

[1] http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/.
[2] http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/trikes_micro.htm.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old July 31st 04, 05:19 AM
Tom Sherman

Default [Delusional Dolan]: Beth Got Married!

Child wrote:

My philosophy on affording life isn't all that different than yours. I
refuse to buy a house now- too much roots and a money pit, and a time pit as
well. Several friends used to go camping and kayaking with us on the
weekends until they bought a house - now all they do is garden and paint.
Although, you should know that two people in one dwelling live cheaper than
one person in one dwelling if both persons bring home salaries. Now we are
going to ruin our financial easy street by attempting to procreate. And I
suspect kayaking will fall by the wayside as well....

Build your house out of reinforced Portland cement concrete, and
maintenance will minimal and it will greatly outlast typical US
residential construction.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area