Every Second Counts

Old July 7th 05, 08:16 PM
Stewart Fleming

Default Every Second Counts

Hmmmm...
" Although Maillot Jaune Lance Armstrong (Discovery Channel) lost 0'19
today to Vino (0'07 gap at finish + 0'12 time bonus), when asked about
the loss of time to the Kazakh post stage, Armstrong shrugged, like it
was no big deal. Discovery Channel manager Johan Bruyneel told
Cyclingnews post stage that Lance didn't see Vino attack in the finale,
but did say the time loss was "nothing serious."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005...esults/tour056

Wonder what was said on the bus (what goes on the bus stays on the bus),
but I don't think we'll see a repeat of that...
Old July 7th 05, 08:57 PM
Sir Topham Hatt

At this stage giving up 19 seconds is suboptimal, but do you really think
Armstrong thinks he is going to need those 19 seconds to beat Vino?
If was worried, it would be a sure sign he is concerned about this form...

Old July 7th 05, 08:59 PM
Tim Lines

Stewart Fleming wrote:
Hmmmm...
" Although Maillot Jaune Lance Armstrong (Discovery Channel) lost 0'19
today to Vino (0'07 gap at finish + 0'12 time bonus), when asked about
the loss of time to the Kazakh post stage, Armstrong shrugged, like it
was no big deal. Discovery Channel manager Johan Bruyneel told
Cyclingnews post stage that Lance didn't see Vino attack in the finale,
but did say the time loss was "nothing serious."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005...esults/tour056

Wonder what was said on the bus (what goes on the bus stays on the bus),
but I don't think we'll see a repeat of that...

Damn! I love Vino!

Time for Ullrich and Kloden to put aside their own unattainable
ambitions and give their all for the only one on the team that's got it
in him to WIN.
Old July 8th 05, 02:26 AM
Carl Sundquist

Stewart Fleming wrote:

Wonder what was said on the bus (what goes on the bus stays on the bus),

Thanks for the disquieting visual (cue the picture of George)

Old July 8th 05, 02:34 AM
amit

Tim Lines wrote:

Damn! I love Vino!

Time for Ullrich and Kloden to put aside their own unattainable
ambitions and give their all for the only one on the team that's got it
in him to WIN.

has everyone lost their minds ?

i like vino's style too, it's good for stage and classic wins.

but since when has picking up some spare change seconds on a flat stage
been considered the sign of launching a serious challenge for the tour ?

Old July 8th 05, 02:48 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

amit wrote:

has everyone lost their minds ?

i like vino's style too, it's good for stage and classic wins.

but since when has picking up some spare change seconds on a flat stage
been considered the sign of launching a serious challenge for the tour ?

Dumbass -

Ever since the "I pay attention to cycling once a year" Fatties started
posting to rbr in July.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old July 8th 05, 06:33 AM
Stewart Fleming

Sir Topham Hatt wrote:

At this stage giving up 19 seconds is suboptimal, but do you really think
Armstrong thinks he is going to need those 19 seconds to beat Vino?
If was worried, it would be a sure sign he is concerned about this form...

When Lance makes an excuse, there's something that he's not happy about.
Form would be the least of it. I'm not convinced that his bunch
instints are as sharp as they were. He went back 30-40 places between
Vino's jump and the crash (700m), while Ullrich made it up and round.
Old July 8th 05, 06:43 AM
Stewart Fleming

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Stewart Fleming wrote:

Wonder what was said on the bus (what goes on the bus stays on the bus),

Thanks for the disquieting visual (cue the picture of George)

It was more the group sex thing with Sheryl that I was thinking of
http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=6498
Old July 8th 05, 06:46 AM
Stewart Fleming

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

amit wrote:
but since when has picking up some spare change seconds on a flat stage
been considered the sign of launching a serious challenge for the tour ?

Ever since the "I pay attention to cycling once a year" Fatties started
posting to rbr in July.

Alex,
I started the thread. My point isn't strictly about the time bonus;
it's about actions and words.
Old July 8th 05, 07:45 AM
Kenny

since taking 19" in a flat stage with a mayhem at the finish costs less
effort than doing it in the mountains. He won't be more tired than any
other flat and got 19" bonus, what else do you want more?

Kenny