Lokkesmoe

Old October 1st 03, 08:11 PM
Deeznuts

Default Lokkesmoe

Did any of you dorks read his article on bike.com? Here's my favorite
part:

As a junior I competed against the likes of Damon Kluck, Aaron Olson,
Rusty Beall, Ryan Miller, David Clinger and so many others who have
done well in the sport since. Within my first year of racing (1992) I
captured a State Time Trial Championship and a National Time Trial
Championship. The next few years would be full of victories in the
Western part of the United States with 7 more State Championships on
the road. Over the next 3 years of racing I became one of the
strongest junior competitors in the U.S. However, I often found it
difficult dealing with all the politics of the sport.

The kid sure likes to toss his own salad.
Old October 1st 03, 09:31 PM
DanSchmatz

I don't know Jason that well but he seems like a good kid.
Old October 1st 03, 10:49 PM
Mark VandenBerghe

I know Jason pretty well and he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Mark VandenBerghe

Old October 2nd 03, 03:36 AM
Ken Papai

"Deeznuts" wrote in message
om...
Did any of you dorks read his article on bike.com? Here's my favorite
part:

Good for Jason!!
If you are any better please fill us in.

-Ken

http://www.kenpapai.com/racing/sf2003/lokkesmoe0839.jpg

As a junior I competed against the likes of Damon Kluck, Aaron Olson,
Rusty Beall, Ryan Miller, David Clinger and so many others who have
done well in the sport since. Within my first year of racing (1992) I
captured a State Time Trial Championship and a National Time Trial
Championship. The next few years would be full of victories in the
Western part of the United States with 7 more State Championships on
the road. Over the next 3 years of racing I became one of the
strongest junior competitors in the U.S. However, I often found it
difficult dealing with all the politics of the sport.

The kid sure likes to toss his own salad.

AT LEAST he signs his own name and
doesn't hide behind a pre-adolescent pseudonym like you.

-Ken

Old October 2nd 03, 04:56 AM
RWM

"Deeznuts" wrote in message
om...
Did any of you dorks read his article on bike.com? Here's my favorite
part:

As a junior I competed against the likes of Damon Kluck, Aaron Olson,
Rusty Beall, Ryan Miller, David Clinger and so many others who have
done well in the sport since. Within my first year of racing (1992) I
captured a State Time Trial Championship and a National Time Trial
Championship. The next few years would be full of victories in the
Western part of the United States with 7 more State Championships on
the road. Over the next 3 years of racing I became one of the
strongest junior competitors in the U.S. However, I often found it
difficult dealing with all the politics of the sport.

The kid sure likes to toss his own salad.

Call me sappy if you must, but I thought that it was a great article. I
guess what you call tossing his own salad, I call a pretty accurate account
of the facts.

Old October 2nd 03, 05:09 PM
John Lieswyn

I think what some may see as thinking big ("...will not be my best ride
ever, it will only be one of many to come") is just the kind of thinking
that is necessary to succeed in the sport. In the 2004 Healthnet team he'll
need to think big so he doesn't end up in a domestique role every week. The
best team tactics come from having the numbers in the front of the race, and
while his teammates were unable to back him up at San Fran, he rode awesome
and that's the kind of teammwork that makes a team like Saturn 2003 work so
well.

"RWM" wrote in message

om...