Training logs and/or on-line logs

Old May 19th 05, 02:10 PM
maner

Bill C wrote:
Looking for a new one that's pretty straightforward. I think I asked
this a couple of years ago and found a decent on-line one, but it got
to be too much of a pain in the ass.
Any suggestions about programs that work for you would be greatly
appreciated. Not really looking for something I can download the data
into since my cycling abacus doesn't have the download feature.
Thanks
Bill C

You can also try CycleAtlas , a free, open-source cycling diary.
If you create your custom map, you can obtain ride profiles without any
altimeter devices.
Actually it's in heavy development state.

"CycleAtlas is a cycling diary based on a custom road atlas. It can be
used to store or to plan new rides. Functions includes generation of
planimetry, profiles and route time tables of rides. A map editor is
included, in order to create a custom road map"

http://cycleatlas.sourceforge.net/

Regards
Maner

Old May 19th 05, 02:22 PM
Bill C

maner wrote:
Bill C wrote:
[...]

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. It's looking like we're going
to end up using two different programs. A good cycling one, and a
multisport/diet type one. The last one we used was one of the latter,
but they seem to all have the same problem, which is they try to do too
much and don't do any of it well. I'm pretty sold on Cycli-stats. It
does just what I need, and is simple enough for half bonked typing
after a ride, and still gives me everything I want clearly.
Thanks everyone for all the good ideas. I really appreciate the help.
Bill C

Old May 19th 05, 02:58 PM
GaryG

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

maner wrote:
Bill C wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the compliment. One of my key design goals with CycliStats was
ease of use - I had tried many other log programs, and felt that most of
them are too hard to use (and I'm a programmer!).

"a multisport/diet" program
If you're interested in weight loss and health tracking, you may find my
"WeightWare" program useful. It uses the same database as CycliStats, and
has been designed to function as a computer-assisted weight loss assistant.
WeightWare also can track generic exercise activities, and will
automatically estimate calories burned. Like CycliStats, there's a free
trial version available for download from the website (www.WeightWare.com).

--
GG
http://www.CycliStats.com - Software for Cyclists

Old May 19th 05, 03:01 PM
B. Lafferty

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

maner wrote:
Bill C wrote:
[...]

Now about the commission........

Old May 19th 05, 04:02 PM
GaryG

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
nk.net...

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

maner wrote:
Bill C wrote:
[...]

No problem...I'll get your check in the mail right after Lance endorses
CycliStats, and Oprah plugs WeightWare ;-).

GG

Old May 19th 05, 07:04 PM
B. Lafferty

"GaryG" wrote in message
"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
nk.net...

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

maner wrote:
Bill C wrote:
[...]

If Lance endorses it, I'll probably stop using it. :-)