electric bike conversion

Old January 18th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default electric bike conversion

i recently installed a wilderness energy BD36 electric bike conversion
on my old Trek mtn. bike. The motor is in the hub so the gear train is
intact and without the battery it doesn't add too much weight to use it
without power. i haven't had any luck locating any newsgroups or
websites for electric bike users except for the engineering group that
focuses on battery technology. anybody know of any? thanks...
Old January 19th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Have a look to :
http://www.bionx.ca
"interesting" !

J.Ouellet

. com...

Old January 19th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

J.Ouellet wrote:
Have a look to :
http://www.bionx.ca
"interesting" !

yes it is interesting. my bike uses over 1000W and has just about enough
power for me. the bionx bike has only 40% as much power so i expect you
can't take a rest and still cruise along at 15-20 on level ground but it
does sound like a nice piece of engineering and well suited to the
cyclist in pretty good shape who wants to go further/faster.

i have to pedal to go over 20 mph and to go up a good hill over 5 mph,
but my bike puts out at least twice as much power as Lance A. I'm a big
guy, 200 lbs. and partially handicapped. The only problem is battery
life, even with pedaling along a 30 pound battery is only good for 12
miles or so. It's a great way to get exercise if you have physical
limitations and need help to get home after you get tired out from
pedaling...

Old January 19th 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

bob mcree Wrote:
J.Ouellet wrote:
[...]

Try Powerassist at Yahoo groups.

--
meb

Old January 21st 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Try Powerassist at Yahoo groups.

thanks that's exactly the group i was looking for. anybody else
interested in power-assist bikes should check it out, -bob

The Bike Show Danny Colyer UK 1 July 7th 05 10:24 PM
Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM
Still Looking for a bike [email protected] UK 19 September 5th 04 10:25 AM
Duct Tape reduces vibration! Wayne Pein Techniques 22 April 29th 04 11:35 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM