multi-color LED headlamps-full night riding rig encounter

Old January 20th 15, 12:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default multi-color LED headlamps-full night riding rig encounter

'multi-color LED headlamps'

have 2 (pkg) from Home Depot. Using red or green for night vision becomes essential. Green for max visibility, red for less visual interference between bright and dark...using red while driving or green searching ground for the stuff falling out.

a rider came off the bridge this morning as I pulled onto the main road, a model,
Reflective vest-no blinky-with V reflective belt buttons, helmet with yellow top blinky, front white strobe, red rear strobe on rack.

Near dawn with luminous blue overcast thin fog, bright red band stretching out across Gulf from mainland. Weak lights.

Effect was visibility to overtaking IC with the bizzyness of the image not the images brightness in lighting

https://www.google.com/#q=multi+colo...lamps&tbm=shop
Old January 20th 15, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

forgot....survey crews were out on US 17 in the very green low areas needing culvert...in dayglo green. Many uh 12 ? 3 times. dayglo green stands out against a natural green background.

Old January 21st 15, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zarniwoop

On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 4:25:16 AM UTC-8, wrote:
'multi-color LED headlamps'

have 2 (pkg) from Home Depot. Using red or green for night vision becomes essential. Green for max visibility, red for less visual interference between bright and dark...using red while driving or green searching ground for the stuff falling out.

a rider came off the bridge this morning as I pulled onto the main road, a model,
Reflective vest-no blinky-with V reflective belt buttons, helmet with yellow top blinky, front white strobe, red rear strobe on rack.

Near dawn with luminous blue overcast thin fog, bright red band stretching out across Gulf from mainland. Weak lights.

Effect was visibility to overtaking IC with the bizzyness of the image not the images brightness in lighting

https://www.google.com/#q=multi+colo...lamps&tbm=shop

Red for Port side, Green for Starboard .. to be viewed only from front or side ..

standards are for Boats..
Old January 21st 15, 10:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

for Boats..

NO PROB....RED FOR WINE GREEN FOR SPACEMEN

uh why would sidedness matter ?

Old January 22nd 15, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike A Schwab

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 3:32:32 PM UTC-6, Zarniwoop wrote:
[...]

Automotive standards: White front / Yellow side / Red Rear. Traffic laws cover which side to pass on.
Old January 22nd 15, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 7:35:55 PM UTC-5, Mike A Schwab wrote:
[...]

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

laws of physics.

confussing SUV drivers isnot the direction you would ride toward.

we are out on the road over flat temperate fairy clear roads in Florida finding near zero color or lighting, few 'sport cyclists'...black is the color of choice prob an advertizier or film throwback.

I'd need to see this maybe in Yurp...we can ask Holtman if his nabs ride with lights en mass. Does a large number of cycle lights say AROUND an intersection confuse the IC operator for specific safe moves. OK the op knows the bikes are there but what then ?

If only one or one group of lights is seen and mentally processed ( we hope) tha's one lvel but many lights ? or many colors of lights ?

US auto lighting standard were backwards for years: weak fuzzy low design and manu levels. I stumbulled on a reason - focus and power require fine adjustment, a self leveling system of manual. See any 360 toggels with a blue LED on tip...maybe capacitive so when I reach the led comes on ? maybe a bezel blue ring with the tipper ?

I drive a Ford van. OEM lighting is dangerous. There are 3-4 entries I know exactly where the entry is but cannah see that at night...no side vision. The up to grade onto main road move impossible...no down light.

Replaced with Hella...all problems solved: $100.

If you look at that from above a remarkably entrenched design problem is evident. Itsnot clear why that was.

with bikes figuring why is easier: riders cannah afford $25 for survival and you wouldn't want to arrest your children or the poor for not having lights.

Gear Problems: Novice riding a multi-speed bicycle [email protected] Techniques 8 February 26th 09 12:43 AM
Night riding The Bruiser Unicycling 20 November 4th 06 08:22 AM
Night riding tedward Unicycling 2 May 14th 06 11:43 AM
Riding at Night Tim Nunes General 14 January 21st 06 02:16 AM
Night riding. Callistus Valerius Racing 26 February 22nd 05 12:13 AM