airless tires

Old November 16th 03, 01:10 AM
Mistercookieface87

Default airless tires

I was checking out tires at my bike shop a few weeks ago when i came
across a yellow Amerityre made entirely out of "closed-cell polyurethane
foam" i thought it looked interesting, and i've been riding with it
since. It doesn't help when hopping, but other than that i've enjoyed
it so far. i was just wondering if anyone else has tried out similar
solid tires and if so, what you thought...

| Attachment filename: new tire002.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/172838|

Mistercookieface87 - Blue haired bass player

'Sunken eyed girl don't let me go. You are the whole world and you
barely know so and you are the drinks I drink and keep drinking and
fallen down stumble. All of the thinks I think and keep thinking and
wake up tremble, all these tears are gonna fall…'

Sunken Eyed Girl - Mike Doughty
Mistercookieface87's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2871

Old November 16th 03, 01:38 AM
Dirtsurfer

http://tinyurl.com/v67i

--
Dirtsurfer - Singlewheel/Singletrack

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Gandalf the gray
Dirtsurfer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2352

Old November 16th 03, 06:58 PM
paco

Tell us your opinion as well. The last thread didn't give much info.
How does it feel on bumpy ground? How about street riding? Do you feel
like you have to exert more force to start/ keep moving? Does it feel
extremely heavy?
I'm curious because I go through about 4 or 5 tubes every summer on my
commuter uni because of the stupid goat head thorns around here. I'd
like to find an alternative to constantly buying new tubes.

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

"The guy wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit him in the face!"
-Strongbad
"That happened once!"
-Coach Z
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old November 16th 03, 08:13 PM
Ken Fuchs

Default Please include descriptions of posted URLs [Was airless tires]

http://tinyurl.com/v67i

Please post a description of what a URL points to before the actual URL.
This is especially important with tinyurl.com URLs, where the URL tells
nothing about the web page that is finally displayed.

Quite often the URL points to something that has already been looked at.
A brief description would help people avoid looking at same web page
multiple times just to see if its something new.

If the URL points to movies, the description should say what kind, and
if known what version and codec is actually used. I often end up trying
to play movies with codecs my movie player doesn't recognize. For
analog modem (56k/bps or less) users especially, the size of the movie
should also be included in the description.

Also, please remember that _not_ everyone uses unicyclist.com to read
and post to the rec.sport.unicycling newsgroup. Starting or using a web
browser from within a news client or e-mail client isn't always that
easy depending on the particular news or e-mail client.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs

Old November 16th 03, 11:27 PM
mike.hinson

may I also add that some company Internet access bars access to all
tinyurl.com addresses.. Not that I would ever deliberately surf the web
in works time (Ahem..)...

/\/\

--
mike.hinson - Unicyclist since Nov 2000

"...they all began to chant "You ride a baby bike!!" over and over and
over. Then their chant turned into "you have no hair!!" Which made
absolutely no sense at all. It was hilarious." -- Ender
mike.hinson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1652

Old November 17th 03, 07:55 AM
Klaas Bil

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:27:51 -0600, mike.hinson
. com wrote:

may I also add that some company Internet access bars access to all
tinyurl.com addresses.. Not that I would ever deliberately surf the web
in works time (Ahem..)...

But tinyurl style addresses seem to be generated automatically when
one posts from the forum if the url is "too long". It is only possible
to publish the actual url if is is disguised so it isn't recognised as
a url.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"My butt has a crack in it , but I can still ride. - spyder"