What's more dangerous?

Old April 7th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default What's more dangerous?

That's why we need testing at all levels of the sport!

Old April 7th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Charles" wrote in message

http://www.hategun.com/blog/images/redneck.jpg

Brian, Are you a closet NASCAR fan ? I want to go to a race this summer to
see what it is all about. Do you want to join me Brian ? Maybe you could
wear a tye dye Neil Young shirt while listening to "southern man".

Southern change
gonna come at last

I've been to one NASCAR race (at Talladega--Sp?) and to one Formula 1 up in
Canada; both many years ago. I'd be happy to see F1 live once again. I'll
pass on NASCAR--because I find the format boring. The fans are not as
interesting as the F1 people, especially the female groupies.

Old April 7th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Howard Kveck wrote:

And who else might have ended up as a victim. BTW, I thought that "worked
until they were ready to pass out" was SOP for grad students.

Darn, I'm still doing the more-than-occasional 36-hour day and I'm twice
the age I used to be...
Old April 7th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Stu Fleming wrote:
Howard Kveck wrote:

And who else might have ended up as a victim. BTW, I thought that
"worked until they were ready to pass out" was SOP for grad students.

Darn, I'm still doing the more-than-occasional 36-hour day and I'm twice
the age I used to be...

What a coincidence. So am I!
Old April 7th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article , Stu Fleming wrote:

Howard Kveck wrote:

And who else might have ended up as a victim. BTW, I thought that
"worked
until they were ready to pass out" was SOP for grad students.

Darn, I'm still doing the more-than-occasional 36-hour day and I'm twice
the age I used to be...

Work will set you free.

--
tanx,
Howard

Grandma Smith said a curious thing
Boys must whistle, girls must sing

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old April 7th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Bill C wrote:
With the newest round of crashes and Saul's injury I got to thinking,
again, about just how dangerous this sport is. Usually I get to this
after doing occurrence reports, nothing like loading friends or someone
you were just talking with into a meatwagon, or when someone I know in
the region gets hit by a moron in a car.
I'm coming to the conclusion that it would be better to watch bike
races for the crashes, blood, and gore than auto racing. Seems to me
that auto racing crashes are more spectacular, but usually a lot less
injurious. If you add in all the riders killed or splatted in training,
then I think cycling definitely is much more dangerous than auto
racing.
Time to stop ragging on Nascar fans for watching cars go in a circle
while waiting for a crash, since that seems to cover the Crit circuit
pretty well too, except that nobody's really watching.
Bill C

Time for you ignorant numbnuts to get past the worn out, cliche'd
belief that NASCAR fans are waiting for crashes. NASCAR is about so
much more than that. You'd probably never understand 'cause you're too
busy bad mouthing it to try to understand it. The growing legion of
fans understand.

Fred

Hey numbnuts
An awful lot of these newfangled fans couldn't tell you the
difference between a torsion bar and tie rod end. The first car I
actually worked on was a street stock that won several track
chamopionships here in New England in about 1980. I din't do much
except chase coffee, sweep up, and run for parts, but at least I was
there. Let's try out some names on you. Bugsy Stevens, Reggie Rugerrio,
Luke Scanlon, Greg Sachs, the Bodines, etc...I could keep listing
people but that's a jackoff play.
New fans think Jeff Gordon is cool. That says it all to me. He's a
great driver, good marketer, and is a weasely, whining, sniveling,
bully boy who whines like a stuck pig when someone gives him back a
taste of his medicine. Then he picks a fight while still wearing his
helmet, or while hiding behind his body guards. PS Rugerrio is a dick
too.
NEWBS almost never ****ing get it, that's another reason the basic
rule here at rbr is to sit down and spectate for a couple of weeks
before you declare yourself an idiot.
Bill C

Old April 7th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bill C wrote:
wrote:
Bill C wrote:
[...]

Alright, D-'weed...

It's totally irrelevant whether the new NASCAR fans know jack about
torsion bars or tie rods. And, it's not particularly relevant whether
J Gordon is a pussy or not.

If you happen to understand stock car racing and appreciate the fact
that it's more involved than just waiting for the next crash, then
great. Most people, most non-NASCAR fans at least, don't get that.
From your comment, I perhaps incorrectly surmised that you didn't get

it.

As for rules at rbr and anyone's newbie status, well, let's just say
I've been involved in the group for a pretty good while.

Fred

Old April 7th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Howard Kveck wrote:
In article .com,
"Bill C" wrote:

An awful lot of these newfangled fans couldn't tell you the
difference between a torsion bar and tie rod end. The first car I
actually worked on was a street stock that won several track
chamopionships here in New England in about 1980. I din't do much
except chase coffee, sweep up, and run for parts, but at least I was
there. Let's try out some names on you. Bugsy Stevens, Reggie Rugerrio,
Luke Scanlon, Greg Sachs, the Bodines, etc... I could keep listing
people but that's a jackoff play.

Jeez, at least you could have listed Richie Evans. Nine titles, including
eight in a row. He was the Eddie Merckx of modifieds.

--
tanx,
Howard

Grandma Smith said a curious thing
Boys must whistle, girls must sing

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Yeah it was fun watching some of the Nascar stars come up to Stafford
Motor Speedway and get their ass kicked by Richie and the boys. There
was some serious talent racing out here back then.

http://www.staffordmotorspeedway.com...ackHistory.htm
Bill C

Helmets Peter General 305 June 4th 05 08:56 AM
Sunday Times: Death row: Britain's most dangerous road Sufaud UK 45 September 28th 04 09:06 PM
Dangerous Drivers Idea Anthony Australia 49 September 4th 04 03:10 AM
When is cycling "dangerous"? warren Racing 17 August 26th 04 08:26 PM
Dangerous Roads Robert Bruce UK 7 September 20th 03 08:07 AM