Looking 4 Campy Cambrio Rod Shifting video

Old March 15th 12, 10:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Looking 4 Campy Cambrio Rod Shifting video

On 2012-03-14, AMuzi wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Earlier today I was trying to locate a videothat was linked through
this newsgroup to You Tube. It showed someone shifting a vintage
Campagnolo Cambrio (or similar groupset) seatstay mounted lever
system. For all we tried we could not locate that video link or the
videoon You Tube. My friend would really like to see that system in
use.
Does anyone here know where I can find a good quality video of that
Campagnolo type of shifting system in use?

Aha. Dave Moulton has the link:
http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com...-cambio-corsa-...

but it's 404:
http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/...G0003.AVI.html

Sheldon bless the Internet Archive and its visionary, Brewster Kahle!
Here's the video in question.

http://web.archive.org/web/200802200...oljersey.com/g...

--
Gregory S. Sutter * * * * * * * * * * * * * Mostly Harmless
/~gsutter/

Firefox says Problem Loading Page whenI tried thatlink from sheldon.

Do I need to do something special to get it to work?

Thanks and cheers
Old March 15th 12, 10:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On 2012-03-14, AMuzi wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Maybe itdoesn't load for me because the text on your link ends at .com/
g...

Could it be that I need whatever comes after that g?

Thanks again and cheers
Old March 15th 12, 10:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On 2012-03-14, AMuzi wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

I need more sleep. I just checked the address in the Firefox Problem

Sorry about that.

Anyone have any idea why I can't get to the video? I know it's there
because Carl says he saw the video via that link.

Thanks once again and cheers
Old March 15th 12, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_3_]

On 2012-03-14, wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

I tried Firefox and Chrome. Both said a plugin was needed to view the

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 15th 12, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2012-03-14, AMuzi wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Dear SR,

The Wayback machine tends to be balky.

Yesterday I got the same Firefox messages, switched to IExplorer, got
nowhere, browsed around, and suddenly the videos began to work.

So far today, not working at all, just a promising screen that refuses
to play. Using the next and previous options moves to the old photos,
but the movies seem to be confused.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 15th 12, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2012-03-14, AMuzi wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Here's the one video that I could capture from the wayback machine:

http://youtu.be/Ga931TgAYLg

The others don't seem to have been captured when the wayback crawled
the site, and YouTube says "Huh?" about the audio.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 15th 12, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2012-03-14, AMuzi wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Aha! You have to browse around the various dates of capture to find
when things worked at the wayback machine.

http://youtu.be/Ga931TgAYLg
upshifting CIMG0004.AVI.html

http://youtu.be/a19_Lkfs2ac
downshifting CIMG0003.AVI.html

http://youtu.be/QThffA8nNHk
paris-roubaix shift close-up CIMG0004_1.AVI.html

http://web.archive.org/web/200905241...004_1.AVI.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phx5KbKARWo
paris-roubaix shift CIMG0009.AVI

http://web.archive.org/web/200905240...G0009.AVI.html

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

http://web.archive.org/web/200905240...G0009.AVI.html

http://web.archive.org/web/200905241...oljersey.com/g...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phx5KbKARWo
* paris-roubaix shift CIMG0009.AVI

http://web.archive.org/web/200905240...oljersey.com/g...

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

http://web.archive.org/web/200905240...oljersey.com/g...

Thanks for the You Tube links Carl. I too got thew pluginneed to play
and then no plugin found. At least now my friend can see what that
type of shifter looked like in use.

Cheersw