What bothers me about the Landis drug charge

Old August 8th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Default What bothers me about the Landis drug charge

In article ,
"trg" wrote:

That's one hypothesis. Another is that the head of the lab doesn't consider
the leak important, or doesn't know who the leaker is. All are unacceptable.

That makes the head of the laboratory the de facto leaker.
In future he knows there will be leaks and is complicit.

--
Michael Press
Old August 8th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Froid Landis

Default What bothers me about the Landis drug use

Sandy wrote:
Wayne a écrit :
In fact once there was anonymous and unethical behavior at the lab, all
results -from- that lab should be suspect.

Since you seem to have both good inside knowledge, plus a brilliant
command of recent events (2005, 2006) please tell us _exactly_ what was
leaked by the LAB, giving the very specific information, data, or
documents. My memory is so bad, I have trouble remembering what
Amstrong authorized, what UCI authorized, what WADA authorized ;
contrasting that, of course with your specific knowledge. I'll be happy
to wait ................................

The first time

Aha ! When and what was that, exactly. Help an old guy out.

there was a leak of this sort .......

I'm sure you will fill in the gaps of my memory here ..........

--

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Bad message for kids

Old August 8th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Wayne

Sandy wrote:
Wayne a écrit :
[...]

Your questions should perhaps be directed to Pat McQuaid --
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/07/28/sports/bike.php or to
cyclingnews --
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ul06/jul31news --
unless the latter has changed its understanding of the background
machinations at work.

Wayne

Old August 8th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"trg" wrote in message

Remember, the leaker didn't know it was the Tour winner that tested
positive
when he leaked the results.

You do not know that and past experience is that they DID know whose samples
were being tested.

Everyone has their own level of doubt.

Apparently yours is the merest suggestion that someone is guilty regardless
of the sense of it all.

Old August 8th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Sandy" wrote in message

Since you seem to have both good inside knowledge, plus a brilliant
command of recent events (2005, 2006) please tell us _exactly_ what was
leaked by the LAB, giving the very specific information, data, or
documents. My memory is so bad, I have trouble remembering what Amstrong
authorized, what UCI authorized, what WADA authorized ; contrasting that,
of course with your specific knowledge. I'll be happy to wait

Was it JUST my imagination or didn't Equipe publish the actual testing sheet
from the lab in the Armstrong case?

Old August 8th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Wayne" wrote in message
ups.com...

Sandy wrote:
Wayne a écrit :
[...]

Here's what bothers ME. I believe that Olaf Ludwig was somewhat aware of
Rudy Pevenage's inclinations to mislead Jan but really couldn't afford to be
too stiff necked for fear of losing his best chance at winning a Tour. So
now he is being punished for something he had little control over.

Can anyone suggest how he could have handled this without simply having Jan
walk out by giving him an ultimatum of getting rid of Rudy Pevenage?

Old August 8th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
k.net...
"trg" wrote in message

First. The point that a leak does not change the facts of the case is as
valid for Landis as for Watergate. You don't like the analogy, fine, pick
one you like better.

People who leaked Watergate could AT LEAST be considered as doing
something right in their own minds.

Is it possible that you are Gordon Liddy's twin?

www.kenpapai.com/cycling/rbr/Tomk.JPG

http://chickenhed.us/images/liddythong_1.jpg

Old August 8th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:29:02 +0200, "trg"
wrote:

Oh, now you can read the mind of the leaker? When did you learn French ?

You mean they think in French too? Damn, I just figured they thought
in English and spoke French to be different.

Sandy, could you confirm this to be true? I think I need a drink.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old August 8th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
You mean they think in French too? Damn, I just figured they thought
in English and spoke French to be different.

Sandy, could you confirm this to be true? I think I need a drink.

Then you'll be able to think in Incoherent.
Old August 8th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

wrote:

Oh, now you can read the mind of the leaker? When did you learn French ?

You mean they think in French too? Damn, I just figured they thought
in English and spoke French to be different.

Sandy, could you confirm this to be true? I think I need a drink.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Reading some postings here, I feel a certain sympathy with Henry Higgins
(My Fair Lady, not Pygmalion), who complained :

"Why can't the English teach their children how to speak !?"

But you're American, so typical rules of engagement don't apply.

Most commonly these days, I think in French in the morning, in English
midday, and Russian until I cook dinner, which turns me back into a frog
par excellence. You wouldn't curse me with thinking in English during a
foray in the cuisine !! Sunday pub brunch, and yorkshire pudding, OK,
but not magret de canard au poivre.

"English" as a language is spoken in the minority by the English. And
amongst them, only a small minority offer the tones and snoot of OxCam
leather. My Yorkshire friends find so much more in common with the
nearby Scots. Indian English is probably the most common pronunciation
set, although the Chinese variety is gaining. Must be difficult to know
that you no longer have either control or influence over a language
denominated your national one. Unlike French fries, which are Belgian,
and much tastier there. Mayonnaise, not ketchup. With Leffe or Trappe
or the less distributed brands. And not deprived of their lofty
greasiness, as with cider vinegar, salted to cause thromboses.

After dinner, depends on the company I am keeping for that day. I am
willing to learn new languages on the proper inspiration, even if
pidgin. But I do math in English, usually. I dream in color and
non-lingual. Silent era or just turned off the sound - I don't know.

At least I have the good sense never to sing in any language. My voice
has been declared a délit public, and I could go to jail if I tried.
Even in church, they let me pass without comment. Gone are the days in
Latin, I fear.

And with that, I will join you in non-sobriety, having a gentle Bordeaux
before me that wants to sacrifice itself for my pleasure. Incidentally,
should you really have a hankering for a good wine, I recommend a buying
group get together for this one - Châteauneuf-du-Pape, domaine Durieu,
variety "Lucie Avril", of ANY year. This is sharing a secret, but of
course, you'll tell no one.

--

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

--
-Si les autres parties du monde ont des singes ; l'Europe a des Français.
Cela se compense.