puncture resistant tyre

Old July 9th 07, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Teredo

Default puncture resistant tyre

My own bike has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres which I'm very pleased
with, but they don't seem to be manufactured for a 26" rim.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative?

Old July 9th 07, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Teredo" wrote in message
ps.com...
My own bike has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres which I'm very pleased
with, but they don't seem to be manufactured for a 26" rim.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative?

You can get them for a 26in wheel he
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...dID=5360007836

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old July 9th 07, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark[_2_]

My own bike has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres which I'm very pleased
with, but they don't seem to be manufactured for a 26" rim.

From memory, 26" Schwalbe Marathon Plus are available in a choice of three
widths: 1.35, 1.75 and 2.00cm. Expect to pay around £25.
Old July 9th 07, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Geoff Lane

Teredo wrote in news:1183991541.042816.8500
@c77g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

My own bike has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres which I'm very pleased
with, but they don't seem to be manufactured for a 26" rim.

I'm confused. A quick look at SJS turned up Marathon Plus in 26 x 1.75

See http://tinyurl.com/2s34rq , which redirects to:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-S...1.75-(47-559)-
Schwalbe-Marathon-Plus-HS348-Smartguard-rigid-bead-Tyre-with-Reflex-
sidewall-11490.htm

Wiggle and others carry the same tyre.

HTH,

--
Geoff
Old July 9th 07, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom

Mark
pleasegivegenerously@warmail*turn_up_the_heat_to_ reply*.com.invalid
wrote:
My own bike has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres which I'm very pleased
with, but they don't seem to be manufactured for a 26" rim.

From memory, 26" Schwalbe Marathon Plus are available in a choice of
three widths: 1.35, 1.75 and 2.00cm. Expect to pay around £25.

ITYM inches not cm

Tom
--
Return address is dead. Real address is at
http://www.happy-penguin.info/address.jpg

Old July 9th 07, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

Teredo wrote:

My own bike has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres which I'm very pleased
with, but they don't seem to be manufactured for a 26" rim.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative?

From the Schwalbe catalogue Marathon Plus is available in these sizes

Touring Tread

35-349 16 x 1.35

35-406 20 x 1.35
47-406 20 x 1.75

47-507 24 x 1.75
35-559 26 x 1.35
47-559 26 x 1.75

37-590 26 x 1 3/8, 650 x 35A
42-590 26 x 1 5/8, 650 x 40A

25-622 28 x 1.00, 700 x 25C
28-622 28 x 1 1/8, 700 x 28C
32-622 28 x 1 1/4, 700 x 32C
37-622 28 x 1 3/8, 700 x 35C
40-622 28 x 1.50, 700 x 38C
47-622 28 x 1.75

40-635 28 x 1 1/2

ATB Tread

50-559 26 x 2.00

42-622 28 x 1.60, 700 x 40C
Old July 9th 07, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark[_2_]

From memory, 26" Schwalbe Marathon Plus are available in a choice of
three widths: 1.35, 1.75 and 2.00cm. Expect to pay around £25.

ITYM inches not cm

Good point! 13.5mm would be a tad narrow even for a roadie :-)

To OP: Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative (wot where I remembered the widths
from - used to work there) has 'em in those sizes but doesn't say anything
about the 2" one being an ATB tread or not, so I'd check if you're going to
order that width.

www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f%5FProductID=4936&f%5F
Old July 9th 07, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther

"Teredo" wrote in message
ps.com...
My own bike has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres which I'm very pleased
with, but they don't seem to be manufactured for a 26" rim.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative?

I have just done 1500 kms puncture free in France on 26" marathon plus's

In all, I have on, 3 bikes, done over 10,000 miles on marathon plus without a
puncture!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old July 9th 07, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Phil Cook
') wrote:

Teredo wrote:

My own bike has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres which I'm very pleased
with, but they don't seem to be manufactured for a 26" rim.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative?

From the Schwalbe catalogue Marathon Plus is available in these sizes

.... and these ones fit 26" (559mm) rims:

Touring Tread

35-559 26 x 1.35
47-559 26 x 1.75

ATB Tread

50-559 26 x 2.00

;; Drivers in the UK kill more people every single year than
;; Al Qaeda have ever killed worldwide in any single year.
Old July 10th 07, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Teredo

On Jul 9, 3:32 pm, Teredo wrote:
My own bike has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres which I'm very pleased
with, but they don't seem to be manufactured for a 26" rim.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative?

I'm just an old fool. Thanks to everyone for the help. Tyres duly
ordered.

Puncture-Resistant! NYC XYZ General 25 February 7th 06 02:38 AM
Puncture-Resistant! NYC XYZ Techniques 27 February 7th 06 02:38 AM
Puncture-Resistant! NYC XYZ Recumbent Biking 24 February 7th 06 02:38 AM
Puncture-Resistant! NYC XYZ Marketplace 24 February 7th 06 02:38 AM
Puncture resistant tyre tubes Cicero UK 18 February 5th 04 11:07 AM