Lance's strategy

Old July 13th 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Lance's strategy

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:40:30 -0700 (PDT), Tom Adams
wrote:

Contador is just a stocking horse now.

Wow, I did not know that Contador was a cross-dresser!

Sign of an inexperienced stocker. You can't wait for the next roomer -
you have to make them up as the opportunity arises.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old July 14th 09, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
LEROY KNEVIL

Speaking of ...

Kim Jong Il Is REALLY ILL -- PANCREATIC CANCER!

The DEAR LEADER said to launch human sacrificial program to appease
Disease Diety and obtain remission.

DL feels sacrificing young girls' virginity will bring miraculous
cure, like Lance Armstrong's ...

----------------------
World Digest

Monday, July 13, 2009

NORTH KOREA

"Report Says Kim Has Pancreatic Cancer"

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has life-threatening pancreatic
cancer, a news report said Monday, days after new images of him
looking gaunt spurred speculation that his health might be worsening
following a reported stroke last year.

The cancer was diagnosed around the time Kim, 67, had a stroke last
summer, Seoul's YTN television reported, citing unidentified
intelligence officials in South Korea and China.

The report cited the officials saying the disease is "threatening"
Kim's life.

Pancreatic cancer is usually found in its final stage. Considering
Kim's age, he is expected to live no more than five years, the report
said.

South Korea's spy agency said it could not confirm the report.

Kim's health is a focus of intense media speculation due to concerns
about instability and a power struggle if he were to die without
naming a successor. His third and youngest son, Kim Jong Un, has
widely been reported as being groomed as his heir, but the regime has
made no announcement to the outside world.

Old July 14th 09, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Dumbass wrote:
Seems to me that Lance is in a difficult position.

I would think that Contador will have he green light to break in the
Alps, and Lance will have a red light.

So, is he going to defy JB and break earlier than Contador?

Even doing some kind of late break after Contador in order to keep his
GC gap down would be against marching orders I would think.

Assuming no big mistakes by Contador, his only hope would be:

1. A good TT to overtake Contador.

2. Another smart move into a successful break.

3. Some non-Astana GC contender closes the gap, so that just staying
on that rider's wheel will allow him to not fall too far behind
Contador in the GC.

Otherwise he has to defy marching orders, which he might do given the
fact that all the non-GC contenders are so far back that he might not
be putting the team goals at great risk.

Dear Dumbass,

Lance's strategy remains what it always was: keep close to the lead and
wait for Contador to be thrown out after failing a drug test. Then Lance
can win clean, just like he always has.
Old July 14th 09, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Feeley

On Jul 13, 4:21*pm, Fred Fredburger
wrote:

Dear Dumbass,

Lance's strategy remains what it always was: keep close to the lead and
wait for Contador to be thrown out after failing a drug test. Then Lance
can win clean, just like he always has.

So you're saying Astana team dinners will become re-enactments of the
"Where's The Poison" scene from Princess Bride?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6wqKb8EUxI

Jim
Old July 14th 09, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Le 7/13/2009 15:24, Paul B. Anders a bien réfléchi et puis a déclaré:
On Jul 13, 1:10 pm, "Benjo wrote:

schreef in berichtnews:jlrm555n1mbfvq0e0i00q1ngaageo3qrm5@4ax .com...

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:34:47 -0700 (PDT), Dumbass
wrote:

Seems to me that Lance is in a difficult position.

I would think that Contador will have he green light to break in the
Alps, and Lance will have a red light.

So, is he going to defy JB and break earlier than Contador?

Even doing some kind of late break after Contador in order to keep his
GC gap down would be against marching orders I would think.

Assuming no big mistakes by Contador, his only hope would be:

1. A good TT to overtake Contador.

2. Another smart move into a successful break.

3. Some non-Astana GC contender closes the gap, so that just staying
on that rider's wheel will allow him to not fall too far behind
Contador in the GC.

Otherwise he has to defy marching orders, which he might do given the
fact that all the non-GC contenders are so far back that he might not
be putting the team goals at great risk.

JB will be on LA's team next year. Contador will be on some Spanish
team that has F1 technicians anxious to introduce carbon fiber and
space age metal to bicycle racing. LA has an open green light from JB
to do whatever necessary to attract sponsors and most of what is
'whatever necessary' has the potential to beat
Contador/Contradore/whoever. Contador is just a stocking horse now.

Right. As the Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant wrote today: Contador has his
plans, Armstrong has his plans, but only Armstrong's plans match to
Bruyneel's. Bruyneel will do everything to help Armstrong. Besides,
Contador's position in the team is rather weak. He can only count on
Paulinho and to a certain extent on Zubeldia, whereas Armstrong can count on
Leipheimer, Klöden, Popovich and Rast. Mutavjev isn't taking sides yet, but
is inclining to support Armstrong. On the other hand: Contador's best
friends are not in Astana, but in Caisse d'Epargne. Luis Leon Sanchez is a
close friend and teammanager Ledanois already said that they are indebted to
what Contador did to them in Paris-Nice (LL Sanchez) and the Dauphiné Libéré
(Valverde).

Benjo- Hide quoted text -

So much is unknown or in doubt at this point - who has the legs, who
is calling the shots, who will provide support, who will follow orders
and who will not. Who will be a wild card? I suspect it will become
clearer somewhere on the road to Verbier.

I'm betting that regardless of orders, Contador will make the next
move.

Brad Anders

If I were Contador's manager, I'd make a sly call to KZ to see if there
might be some street money to collect a bit of an ersatz team.
Enemy/enemy/friend kind of thing.
--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
-- Einstein, A.
Old July 14th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

[...]

Contador needs Alberto Puig as his manager.
Old July 14th 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

wrote:

Seems to me that Lance is in a difficult position.

I would think that Contador will have he green light to break in the
Alps, and Lance will have a red light.

So, is he going to defy JB and break earlier than Contador?

I think the climb to Verbier is going to see hell unleashed, Popo,
Leppy and Kloden will ride a monster tempo at the foot, like USP circa
2004 and then LA will jump out.

Old July 14th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Keith wrote:

I think the climb to Verbier is going to see hell unleashed, Popo,
Leppy and Kloden will ride a monster tempo at the foot, like USP circa
2004 and then LA will jump out.

I agree, right up to the last 6 words. I just can't picture LA dropping
Contador. The only path to victory I can see for LA involves WADA's
help, or perhaps Jeff Gillooly's.
Old July 14th 09, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

On Jul 13, 7:38*pm, Jim Feeley wrote:
So you're saying Astana team dinners will become re-enactments of the
"Where's The Poison" scene from Princess Bride?

At the very least, it seems like they're involved in a land war in
Europe (on an Asian team), and from a different scene, there's the
matter of a Spaniard giving his word not to attack on a climb.

Is there nothing that The Princess Bride cannot teach us?

Old July 14th 09, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Newsflash:

A doping incident leading to Contador's expulsion will NOT put LA into
the clear leadership role of Astana, because these days if any one
rider on a team tests 'non-negative', the entire team would be sent
packing. Especially a team with a history, however nebulous, of a
prior doping scandal.

No point in being the leader of a team that's been excluded from the
race, eh?

The best strategy in biathlon... Stu Fleming Racing 5 October 26th 06 09:20 PM
Strategy for getting SWB up the stairs. Freewheeling Recumbent Biking 41 September 24th 06 12:16 AM
7km TTT strategy ? trg Racing 1 August 26th 06 07:29 PM
Still another self-defense strategy [email protected] General 1 June 23rd 06 08:42 PM
Cyclocross race strategy almost fast Racing 18 October 27th 04 12:06 AM