this is the "clean" Lance

Old July 11th 10, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Cicero Venatio

Default this is the "clean" Lance

Yea, he's old, but I think what we are really seeing is what a "clean"
Lance looks like. LeMond was right, it seems. The investigators in the
Lance Armstrong investigation think they can either crack either George
or Tyler, so we will see who will be the next one to crack in the US
Postal saga. In the David Millar interrogation, French Police were able
to make him crack in only four hours under that warm lamp. All it will
take is one more to crack, and it's all over for Lance Inc. It's too
bad, that this had to happen, but Lance just couldn't let it lay, he had
to do just one more tour. This tour could be his whole undoing, placing
Greg once again at the top, as America's best cyclist ever.

Just think if Tugboat could have talked, it would have changed everything.
Old July 11th 10, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jul 11, 3:32*pm, Cicero Venatio wrote:
Yea, he's old, but I think what we are really seeing is what a "clean"
Lance looks like. *LeMond was right, it seems. *The investigators in the
Lance Armstrong investigation think they can either crack either George
or Tyler, so we will see who will be the next one to crack in the US
Postal saga. *In the David Millar interrogation, French Police were able
to make him crack in only four hours under that warm lamp. *All it will
take is one more to crack, and it's all over for Lance Inc. *It's too
bad, that this had to happen, but Lance just couldn't let it lay, he had
to do just one more tour. *This tour could be his whole undoing, placing
Greg once again at the top, as America's best cyclist ever.

Just think if Tugboat could have talked, it would have changed everything..

Hey, dimwit, I thought you'd left. BTW, by your logic regarding a
"clean" Lance, what does that say about the guys in the front group
today? I sure don't hear you bitching about them.

Oh, wait, I get it. You're one of those incredibly naive people who
believe that only Lance was doping during his seven TdF wins, and that
everyone else was as clean as the virgin snow, right? Or maybe even
more absurdly, you believe Lance was taking some special sauce that
made the difference that the others couldn't get from their corner
drugstore, and because he had better dope, that was unfair, right?

We all knew the day would come when Lance would blow chunks on a major
climb and get his ass kicked. I'm pretty certain Lance knew that day
would come, too. We also knew that every douche like you would emerge
from the woodwork to crow about his demise. You might want to take a
look at his twitter feed and the post-stage interviews, Compare them
to the interviews with LemonD after he blew chunks and dropped out of
the '93 Tour, and let me know who you think did a better job of owning
up to reality. Until Lance invents a disease to explain away his
demise, I think LemonD has the corner on excuses.

Brad Anders
Old July 12th 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jul 11, 6:32*pm, Cicero Venatio wrote:
Yea, he's old, but I think what we are really seeing is what a "clean"
Lance looks like. *LeMond was right, it seems. *The investigators in the
Lance Armstrong investigation think they can either crack either George
or Tyler, so we will see who will be the next one to crack in the US
Postal saga. *In the David Millar interrogation, French Police were able
to make him crack in only four hours under that warm lamp. *All it will
take is one more to crack, and it's all over for Lance Inc. *It's too
bad, that this had to happen, but Lance just couldn't let it lay, he had
to do just one more tour. *This tour could be his whole undoing, placing
Greg once again at the top, as America's best cyclist ever.

Just think if Tugboat could have talked, it would have changed everything..

Let me start off by stating that I am not a Lance fan boy - I just
like to argue and I feel it is in your best interest to inform you you
are full of poop.

What you are seeing is the erosion of Lance's mental invulnerability.
There's a physical component, of course, but at the top level of sport
it's a mental game. Tiger Woods certainly hasn't been tearing it up
since his illicit-and-oh-so-sweet pussy was taken away*, and similarly
Lance's realization that he is mortal is taking its toll. He no
longer has that willingness to take chances at speed, he's lost his
'luck' and now _frequently_ gets scathed, doesn't like going fast when
it's wet, etc.

The snowball, she no roll up hill, meester.

* This is an assumed opinion of the sweetness of the pussy, and not
shared by the author, Google, Google Groups, and/or any of their
subsidiaries, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it were
true.
Old July 12th 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
steve

On Jul 11, 4:01*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 11, 6:32*pm, Cicero Venatio wrote:

Yea, he's old, but I think what we are really seeing is what a "clean"
Lance looks like. *LeMond was right, it seems. *The investigators in the
Lance Armstrong investigation think they can either crack either George
or Tyler, so we will see who will be the next one to crack in the US
Postal saga. *In the David Millar interrogation, French Police were able
to make him crack in only four hours under that warm lamp. *All it will
take is one more to crack, and it's all over for Lance Inc. *It's too
bad, that this had to happen, but Lance just couldn't let it lay, he had
to do just one more tour. *This tour could be his whole undoing, placing
Greg once again at the top, as America's best cyclist ever.

Didn’t the Schleck brother have some money put aside for dope? I don’t
understand the obsession with Lance and doping. I seems there are
plenty of others with dubious connections. Suppose Lance is convicted
and his tour victories are thrown out like Landis, should Basso,
Ullrich, be given wins? Should Vinokourov move up? Oh I know we will
give all the wins to the last clean rider LeMond
Old July 12th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 7/11/2010 8:02 PM, steve wrote:
On Jul 11, 4:01 pm, wrote:
On Jul 11, 6:32 pm, Cicero wrote:

[...]

No Tour winners, or winners with *, from 1991 onward. :-)
Old July 12th 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DWC_TT

On Jul 11, 4:32*pm, Cicero Venatio wrote:
Yea, he's old, but I think what we are really seeing is what a "clean"
Lance looks like.

So what was he last year?
Old July 12th 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

[...]

This is a fairly correct analysis and a largely sensible post. To add
to this line of thinking, I think psychologically Lance went into last
year, and this year for that matter as a challenger. While this is
factually true (that he was a challenger) I think if he had walked in
and pretended he won the race last year and rode like the defending
champion he would have benefitted psychologically. He is an alpha male
but essentially relegated himself in these two tours to a challenger
for alpha status. Discuss.
DA74, PhD
Old July 12th 10, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Clean Lance - I think so. Clean Greg? I am not so sure. I think his
time with Eddy was enough to get him some boosting knowledge. Does
anyone know for sure if Greg has exactly and definitively denied
boosting? And if so can he be believed?

Old July 12th 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jul 11, 8:04*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
Clean Lance - I think so. *Clean Greg? *I am not so sure. *I think his
time with Eddy was enough to get him some boosting knowledge. *Does
anyone know for sure if Greg has exactly and definitively *denied
boosting? *And if so can he be believed?

There was the "iron injection" in 1989.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/cyc...ive/tour2.html
Was it iron?
Did Lemond know?
Old July 12th 10, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Jul 11, 9:09*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Jul 11, 8:04*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

Clean Lance - I think so. *Clean Greg? *I am not so sure. *I think his
time with Eddy was enough to get him some boosting knowledge. *Does
anyone know for sure if Greg has exactly and definitively *denied
boosting? *And if so can he be believed?

There was the "iron injection" in 1989.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/cyc...nce/tourdefran...
Was it iron?
Did Lemond know?

I think everyone was taking iron and b vitamin shots back them
especially in stage races. I used to get them and they weren't
illegal.

Lance this AM - "I'm 100% clean, always have been and if I'm lyingmay God strike me off my bike today" Anton Berlin Racing 7 May 22nd 10 01:49 AM
"clean" burning Liquigas bar Racing 1 January 21st 10 07:25 AM
How do you clean "Gum Wall" glop from rims? daveornee[_72_] Techniques 18 June 4th 07 02:15 AM
LeMond "Every rider on La Vie Claire was clean". Jack Maars Racing 62 July 10th 06 03:37 AM
"Cycling is clean"--Heras B. Lafferty Racing 6 November 13th 05 08:40 PM