Looking 4 Campy Cambrio Rod Shifting video

Old March 14th 12, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Looking 4 Campy Cambrio Rod Shifting video

Hi guys and gals.

Earlier today I was trying to locate a videothat was linked through
this newsgroup to You Tube. It showed someone shifting a vintage
Campagnolo Cambrio (or similar groupset) seatstay mounted lever
system. For all we tried we could not locate that video link or the
videoon You Tube. My friend would really like to see that system in
use.

Does anyone here know where I can find a good quality video of that
Campagnolo type of shifting system in use?

Thanks and cheers
Old March 14th 12, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Hi guys and gals.

Earlier today I was trying to locate a videothat was linked through
this newsgroup to You Tube. It showed someone shifting a vintage
Campagnolo Cambrio (or similar groupset) seatstay mounted lever
system. For all we tried we could not locate that video link or the
videoon You Tube. My friend would really like to see that system in
use.

Does anyone here know where I can find a good quality video of that
Campagnolo type of shifting system in use?

It was Campagnolo's 'racing changer'.
Search in Italian 'cambio corsa'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYKwDz1Lb8

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 14th 12, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Mar 14, 2:10*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Hi guys and gals.

Earlier today I was trying to locate a videothat was linked through
this newsgroup to You Tube. It showed someone shifting a vintage
Campagnolo Cambrio (or similar groupset) seatstay mounted lever
system. For all we tried we could not locate that video link or the
videoon You Tube. My friend would really like to see that system in
use.

Does anyone here know where I can find a good quality video of that
Campagnolo type of shifting system in use?

It was Campagnolo's 'racing changer'.
Search in Italian 'cambio corsa'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYKwDz1Lb8

--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
* Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Thanks again Andrew. I saw that video as we searched earlier today but
it isn't the video I'm looking for. The video I saw before showed the
shifter being used whilst the rider was riding the bicycle along a
road.

Cheers
Old March 14th 12, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Thanks again Andrew. I saw that video as we searched earlier today but
it isn't the video I'm looking for. The video I saw before showed the
shifter being used whilst the rider was riding the bicycle along a
road.

Aha. Dave Moulton has the link:
http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com...sterpiece.html

but it's 404:
http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/...G0003.AVI.html

Old March 14th 12, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:14:38 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Mar 14, 2:10*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Dear SR,

Unfortunately, the Aldo Ross videos that you want were on
www.wooljersey.com.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 14th 12, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:
On Mar 14, 2:10*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Hi Carl.

I don't remember where the videos came from but I'm positive they were
You Tube. Perhaps I'm mistaken. I fear that the site www.wooljersy.com
is defunct as none of the links that I tried getting to it from the
coffee shop I was at this morning worked in Firefox. Is this why you
said "unfortunately"?

Thanks again and cheers
Old March 14th 12, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
On Mar 14, 2:10*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

The videos were from Aldo Ross on www.wooljersey.com, not YouTube:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...29736a28fc4492

Morgan Fletcher's www.wooljersey.com has been gone for a while now.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Old March 14th 12, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:
On Mar 14, 2:10*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Well I guess my buddy is out of luck as far as seeing how that system
shifted whilst being riddenon the road.

Thanks and cheers
Old March 15th 12, 05:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gregory Sutter

On 2012-03-14, AMuzi wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Earlier today I was trying to locate a videothat was linked through
this newsgroup to You Tube. It showed someone shifting a vintage
Campagnolo Cambrio (or similar groupset) seatstay mounted lever
system. For all we tried we could not locate that video link or the
videoon You Tube. My friend would really like to see that system in
use.
Does anyone here know where I can find a good quality video of that
Campagnolo type of shifting system in use?

Aha. Dave Moulton has the link:
http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com...sterpiece.html

but it's 404:
http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/...G0003.AVI.html

Sheldon bless the Internet Archive and its visionary, Brewster Kahle!
Here's the video in question.

http://web.archive.org/web/200802200...G0003.AVI.html

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/
Old March 15th 12, 05:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2012-03-14, AMuzi wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Earlier today I was trying to locate a videothat was linked through
this newsgroup to You Tube. It showed someone shifting a vintage
Campagnolo Cambrio (or similar groupset) seatstay mounted lever
system. For all we tried we could not locate that video link or the
videoon You Tube. My friend would really like to see that system in
use.
Does anyone here know where I can find a good quality video of that
Campagnolo type of shifting system in use?

Aha. Dave Moulton has the link:
http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com...sterpiece.html

but it's 404:
http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/...G0003.AVI.html

Sheldon bless the Internet Archive and its visionary, Brewster Kahle!
Here's the video in question.

http://web.archive.org/web/200802200...G0003.AVI.html

Dear Gregory,

Thanks! I got nowhere earlier today with the wayback machine, but your
link gets to the old www.wooljersey.com just fine.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel