Hamilton: One tough S.O.B !

Old July 13th 03, 05:48 PM
OMC

Default Hamilton: One tough S.O.B !

Tyler showed what a tough guy he really is ! Simply amazing !
Attacking Lance and the rest of the lead group. WOW !!! Just how good
would he be at 100 % ?

OMC
Old July 13th 03, 07:10 PM
Nick Burns

"OMC" wrote in message
om...
Tyler showed what a tough guy he really is ! Simply amazing !
Attacking Lance and the rest of the lead group. WOW !!! Just how good
would he be at 100 % ?

OMC

Did you see the video? I have not but it sounds like he put in a decent
attack or two while Lance rode defensively.

Old July 13th 03, 08:00 PM
Dave

"Nick Burns" wrote in message

"OMC" wrote in message
om...
Tyler showed what a tough guy he really is ! Simply amazing !
Attacking Lance and the rest of the lead group. WOW !!! Just how good
would he be at 100 % ?

OMC

Did you see the video? I have not but it sounds like he put in a decent
attack or two while Lance rode defensively.

From what I read on Cyclingnews.com, Tyler can only attack in the saddle. His broken C-Bone is
keeping him from standing. I am sure he could put in some more vicious attacks if he could get out
of the saddle
Dave

Old July 13th 03, 09:15 PM
sindbad

When they weren't
attacking, they were on Lance's wheel. Lance set the tempo.

Beloki set the tempo just as much as Armstrong.

Old July 13th 03, 09:28 PM
Tom Kunich

Tough yes, but if he is never able to race at 100% it doesn't matter
how tough he is because it will never show in the results.

om...

Old July 13th 03, 09:32 PM
Todd Kuzma

Default Beloki leading the climb

Keith wrote:
It turned out that only a few could stay with him. He
responded to attacks from Beloki and Hamilton but not Mayo
or Vino. It looked like he tried a few seated accelerations
but couldn't shake Beloki or Hamilton. When they weren't
attacking, they were on Lance's wheel. Lance set the tempo.

I watched it live on French TV and it seems we didn't see the same
thing...in between the times Heras was leading, Beloki did most of the
climb in front, with Lance happy to follow and then sprint at the end.

I watched the Dutch TV feed on my computer. It was hard to
follow at times, but I saw Lance up there most of the time
after Heras got burned off the back and before he caught
back up. The only time that I saw Beloki on the front was
for a short bit after he was reeled in from an attack.

In any case, no big attack from Armstrong but think of the
guys who couldn't hold his wheel. Today's stage wasn't as
dominant as some in the past, but he still has the yellow
jersey. He has been pretty good at keeping it.

Todd Kuzma

Old July 13th 03, 09:33 PM
Jeff Jones

"Jan T Andresen" wrote in message
Just seen an "interview" with Tylor on Norwegian television. The poor lad
was so tired that he cried after finishing...

He said his collarbone felt like it was coming apart when he got out of the
saddle. ow. ow. ow.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?...results/stage8

Also Armstrong said that Beltran went too hard at the bottom of the climb.

Jeff

Old July 13th 03, 09:38 PM
Svend P.

Just saw CSC team leader Bjarne Riis interviewed (Danish TV): With the
broadest and brightest wall-to-wall smile he praised Hamilton (like he have
done every other day in the Tour) and emphazised the spirit and guts of this
wonderful rider.
Carlos Sastre (also in a cheerful mood) called him a Robocop ...

Let's all take one day at a time though - he gave it everything today. He
was tired to death when he got off the bike. Maybe he'll have to pay a hard
price tomorrow.

What if ..... he hadn't had that damned accident on the very first stage?

Svend

"Jan T Andresen" skrev i en meddelelse
Just seen an "interview" with Tylor on Norwegian television. The poor lad
was so tired that he cried after finishing...

"OMC" skrev i melding
om...

Old July 13th 03, 09:47 PM
Todd Kuzma

Jeff Jones wrote:

He said his collarbone felt like it was coming apart when he got out of the
saddle. ow. ow. ow.

Years ago when I broke my collarbone, I had a pretty severe
separation. I could feel the bones moving around all the
time, but after the first couple days, the pain was not that
bad. I wonder how that compares to a fracture with no
separation. Maybe the stress of holding the bone together
makes it worse.

Todd Kuzma

Old July 13th 03, 09:47 PM
Nick Burns

"Dave" wrote in message

"Nick Burns" wrote in message

"OMC" wrote in message
om...
Tyler showed what a tough guy he really is ! Simply amazing !
Attacking Lance and the rest of the lead group. WOW !!! Just how good
would he be at 100 % ?

OMC

Did you see the video? I have not but it sounds like he put in a decent
attack or two while Lance rode defensively.

From what I read on Cyclingnews.com, Tyler can only attack in the saddle.

His broken C-Bone is
keeping him from standing. I am sure he could put in some more vicious

attacks if he could get out
of the saddle
Dave

I was on my ride today thinking about Tyler. I have had broken bones before
and even races once with a healing broken ankle. I know from experience that
injuries to the torso can be worse than injuries below the knee. Anything
between the shoulders and the knees can make it nearly impossible to develop
any power. Anyway, what I was thinking about was what it must have been like
coming off the Galibier with that broken collarbone. That must have been
pure hell! Imagine a harsh stop. In his condition, I can think of a hundred
things that have to be worse than climbing.

New South Louisiana trail too tough to ride? mojo deluxe Mountain Biking 5 May 10th 04 07:26 AM
Good place to buy cheap, tough tires for road training? Boyd Speerschneider General 2 October 5th 03 01:44 PM
Tough day for cyclists Fred General 17 September 28th 03 01:41 AM
Tyler Hamilton is a big liar head Appkiller General 11 July 25th 03 09:53 PM
How does Hamilton do it? Mike Kruger General 10 July 14th 03 10:27 PM