thoughts from chris carmichael on lance deing dehydrated

Old July 20th 03, 12:20 PM
Isidor Gunsberg

Default thoughts from chris carmichael on lance deing dehydrated

"dwjones" wrote in message news:E%mSa.101692$Ph3.11394@sccrnsc04...
this is laughable when i get accused of infringing on copyright. this
article written from chris carmichael did not come from a paid site. it was
in the public domain that anyone could have access to. so lighten up and
take the butt plug out of your ass

A little defensive aren't you? You obviously are completely
ignorant when it comes to knowledge about copyright.

Hint: just because something is "free" on the Internet does not
give you the right to post it where you will.

Once a work is created, the composer of that work automatically
holds the copyright.

Why don't you try publishing a Cycling Magazine comprised of Free
content that you gleaned from the Web? Then you'll probably get a
better idea of Copyright.

"Isidor Gunsberg" wrote in message
om...
David Ryan wrote in message

dwjones wrote:

how did i plagiarize chris carmichael's diary entry? just read the

title to
the post. it is quite clear that the words in my post was his.

FFR, it is customary to provide a URL.

"Nick Burns" wrote in message

"dwjones" wrote in message

plagiarized Carmichael diary entry snipped

Duh. He means that you should give attribution, not an alternative.

Plagiarism is not the issue. Even with full attribution, it is,
strictly speaking, not legal to simply copy and post the entire piece
that was written by Carmichael. Doing so goes well beyond "Fair Use".

It is perfectly ethical to cite Carmichael's article, to directly
quote a few passages, to paraphrase other portions, and to give a link
to one of the sources. Your copy and paste job goes beyond bounds, and
infringes on copyright. However, "No harm, no foul", I suppose.....

Old July 20th 03, 05:46 PM
Carl Sundquist

"Raptor" wrote in message ...
warren wrote:
For yourself, listen very carefully to what CC says about Lance's
training. Nearly all of the time he simply reports what Lance is doing.
He never/rarely mentions who told him what to do for training. And
watch him on the "prerace" shows and how he struggles to provide the
details of Lance's preparation. It's not surprising to me that CC
always looks so nervous on that show.

That fits, but I assigned it to confidentiality. And a lot of
discomfort with Kirsten Gum. :-)

You could also read the Ferrari interviews on cyclingnews.com and get
some hints about his involvement with Lance's training plans and where
he gets them.

-WG

CC is a former rider and coach, not an M.D.

Though it is very unlikely that they are involved in his coaching, both his
father and brother are M.D.s.

Old July 21st 03, 12:27 AM
Nick Burns

"warren" wrote in message
In article , Nick Burns
wrote:

"warren" wrote in message
In article _bjSa.99668$ye4.71709@sccrnsc01, dwjones
wrote:

who is better to comment about what had happened and it's effect

than
the
athlete's own coach.

You may not respect Chris Carmichael, but if both he and Lance state

that
Lance is his client, I find it amazing that anyone would argue the

point.
Why does anyone else other than those two get to define what their
relationship is? Not only that, Chris Carmichael coaches many athletes

and
met Lance at when he was the coach at the National Coach.

I suppose if you had information that Lance gets his coaching

instructions
from someone other than Chris, you would certainly be entitled to

mention
that, but you don't have that now, do you?

I do have that information, and more too, but I won't mention the
details. Trust me, Chris is fully aware that he doesn't know enough to
be the one prescribing training plans for a rider of Lance's caliber or
even a rider a fair bit below that level.

For yourself, listen very carefully to what CC says about Lance's
training. Nearly all of the time he simply reports what Lance is doing.
He never/rarely mentions who told him what to do for training. And
watch him on the "prerace" shows and how he struggles to provide the
details of Lance's preparation. It's not surprising to me that CC
always looks so nervous on that show.

You could also read the Ferrari interviews on cyclingnews.com and get
some hints about his involvement with Lance's training plans and where
he gets them.

-WG

He is not Lance's coach. He is a friend and advisor, and a not very
expert advisor at that. Lance's association with Chris is more about
friendship and publicity for Chris's company.

-WG

He is a coach. I am sure both of them consult with Ferrari, but the daily
coaching duties are done by CC.

Old July 21st 03, 02:45 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

"dwjones" wrote in message
An elite cyclist has three main obstacles

Do you have permission to post this material?

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Old July 21st 03, 02:52 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

"dwjones" wrote in message
this is laughable when i get accused of
infringing on copyright.
this article written from chris carmichael
did not come from a paid site. it was
in the public domain that anyone could have access to.

That's bull**** about your not infringing copyright.

Just because something is on the world wide web does not mean it is in
the public domain. Just because a website does not charge for
material does not mean it is legal or ethical to take material from
it. It's wrong.

It's also almost certainly a violation of your ISP's terms of service.

JT
Old July 21st 03, 04:05 AM
Nick Burns

"Raptor" wrote in message ...
Steve D wrote:
So Lance was the only one to dehydrate? And no won else did?
We've all read about how he is meticulous in his preparation. How
could this have happened? Nobody to bring him any bottles?...

Steve

He bonked on that climb in 1999. I wonder how many other top cyclists
have these occasional ****-ups.

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

All.

Old July 21st 03, 04:57 AM
Nick Burns

"warren" wrote in message
In article , Nick Burns
wrote:

"warren" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

He is a coach... but the daily coaching duties are done by CC.

Nope. Absolutely wrong.

-WG

Source?

Old July 21st 03, 06:15 AM
warren

In article , Nick Burns
wrote:

"warren" wrote in message
In article , Nick Burns
wrote:

"warren" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

I won't betray that confidence.

-WG
Old July 21st 03, 07:13 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

"warren" wrote in message

He is a coach... but the daily coaching duties are done by CC.

Nope. Absolutely wrong.

-WG

Source?

I won't betray that confidence.

Is this the same person who told you pros don't use bodyfat as fuel?

From: warren )
Subject: Fat as fuel

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
Date: 2003-05-03 17:46:41 PST

And how many days in a row do you think a pro can do this?

And while their body is trying to get some energy from their bodyfat
because of insufficient dietary fat, glucose, and glycogen, how much
muscle tissue is cannibalized for its protein?

Still wanna go with the idea of a pro relying on bodyfat for some fuel?

-WG

Old July 21st 03, 04:26 PM
warren

In article , Kurgan
Gringioni wrote:

Is this the same person who told you pros don't use bodyfat as fuel?

As fuel for what?

-WG