rbr rest day

Old July 18th 05, 09:24 AM
Ryan Cousineau

Default rbr rest day

Now, it's important on this rest day that you keep relaxed and get your
rest, but make sure you don't pull the rookie mistake of ignoring rbr
altogether. I recommend one or two light posts, just to keep your
fingers moving and prepare them for the final week of the tour. Just
because the Tour is in its last week doesn't mean there can't still be
some major flamewars, or surprise attacks, or, who knows, maybe someone
new in the rbr Maillot Jaundiced.

Current category leaders:

Combativity (red numbers): Callistus Valerius, for an effortless segue
from the RAAM flames

Best New Poster (white jersey): Bob Martin, for the Stage Summaries

Mountain Points (spotted jersey): H squared, excels with twin peaks

Points jersey (I'm green with envy): Benjo often brings up good points.
And he has published a new book! Well, new to the Anglosphere, which is
all that counts.

rbr Tour leader (Maillot Jaundiced): Bob Schwartz, for the "on this day
in the Tour" series.

Underachieving pre-tour favourites:

-Chung's not posting much
-Fabrizio Mazzoleni is clearly past his prime, and definitely should
retire now
-Crit Pro just hasn't been able to keep up with Callistus in the red
numbers contest. I think Callistus' training in RAAM really helped.
-Tom Kunich should make the podium, but must be disappointed.

Meaningless Trivia Time: Bouygues Telecom, Cofidis, Gerolsteiner and
T-Mobile still have all their riders in the race. Quick.Step is missing
the most riders, with all four withdrawals in the last five stages,
including all three of their Belgians. Maybe when Boonen sneezes, the
rest of the team catches cold.

Share & Enjoy,

Old July 18th 05, 02:25 PM
Callistus Valerius

Current category leaders:

Combativity (red numbers): Callistus Valerius, for an effortless segue
from the RAAM flames

Do I get a jersey? My idol is the Badger, the last great French Tour
Cyclist that there ever will be. He speaks his mind, whether people can
handle the truth or not. I cut through all the surface fluff and
sentimentality, and get to the core truths. If that offends people, would
the Badger care?

Old July 19th 05, 12:51 AM
Frank Drackman

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
ink.net...
Current category leaders:

Combativity (red numbers): Callistus Valerius, for an effortless segue
from the RAAM flames

Do I get a jersey? My idol is the Badger, the last great French Tour
Cyclist that there ever will be. He speaks his mind, whether people can
handle the truth or not. I cut through all the surface fluff and
sentimentality, and get to the core truths. If that offends people, would
the Badger care?

No Badger nickname for you. I hereby dub the, The "Water Buffalo"

Old July 19th 05, 01:08 AM
k.papai

I am embarrassed not to be mentioned as leading contender for Flamme
Rouge. Flamme Rouge jersey is power to shame the July Newbies like the
aerstolea198209 dude.

Thanks, Ken

Old July 19th 05, 04:24 AM
h squared

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

rbr Tour leader (Maillot Jaundiced): Bob Schwartz, for the "on this day
in the Tour" series.

yep, bob has been dedicated to providing good posts even during
rbr-in-july, but i believe that i've found someone who will give him a
run for the money in the food fetish category:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcousine/25648280/

heather

Old July 19th 05, 04:56 AM
Bob Schwartz

h squared wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

rbr Tour leader (Maillot Jaundiced): Bob Schwartz, for the "on this day
in the Tour" series.

yep, bob has been dedicated to providing good posts even during
rbr-in-july, but i believe that i've found someone who will give him a
run for the money in the food fetish category:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcousine/25648280/

Oh, but my spouse shares the food fetish. She doesn't take pictures
though.

http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/113-1303_IMG.JPG
http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/113-1305_IMG.JPG
http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/113-1308_IMG.JPG

Note, that was a Sodexho restaurant. In the US Sodexho is known for
providing institutional food service of questionable quality. They're
capable of much better.

Bob Schwartz

Old July 19th 05, 05:14 AM
Me

On 7/18/05 8:56 PM, in article , "Bob
Schwartz" wrote:

h squared wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

rbr Tour leader (Maillot Jaundiced): Bob Schwartz, for the "on this day
in the Tour" series.

yep, bob has been dedicated to providing good posts even during
rbr-in-july, but i believe that i've found someone who will give him a
run for the money in the food fetish category:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcousine/25648280/

Oh, but my spouse shares the food fetish. She doesn't take pictures
though.

http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/113-1303_IMG.JPG
http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/113-1305_IMG.JPG

I agree about the food fetish!
She looks to have the double chin thing down...

Old July 19th 05, 05:18 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

h squared wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

rbr Tour leader (Maillot Jaundiced): Bob Schwartz, for the "on this day
in the Tour" series.

yep, bob has been dedicated to providing good posts even during
rbr-in-july, but i believe that i've found someone who will give him a
run for the money in the food fetish category:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcousine/25648280/

Great. Now the whole ng knows why I'm not Cat 3. I guess it's true what
they say about posting pictures to the Internet...BTW, I also made this:

http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcol...pinecake-l.jpg

Let's not even talk about what happens to crab apples.

Oh, but my spouse shares the food fetish. She doesn't take pictures
though.

http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/113-1303_IMG.JPG
http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/113-1305_IMG.JPG
http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/113-1308_IMG.JPG

Note, that was a Sodexho restaurant. In the US Sodexho is known for
providing institutional food service of questionable quality. They're
capable of much better.

Um...that's pretty amazing. To be fair, budget makes so much of a
difference. When you're feeding university students, it doesn't pay to
impress them with anything but volume and price. That said, two of those
dishes suffer from FRS (Food Ring Syndrome, in which the chef assumes
that anything shoved into a food ring automatically looks classier), and
the third is labouring under the impression that proving the kitchen has
TWO squirt-bottles of sauce makes for a classy presentation.

That's not to say the food is bad, mind; I can't taste it. But I can
tell it's suffering from some pretty hackneyed presentation clichés.

Here's a chef trying a little harder:

http://www.tojos.com/omakase/cavalcade_001.html

Best wonton soup in town:

http://www.wildricevancouver.com/

I recommend the wild boar.

Old July 19th 05, 05:40 AM
Bob Schwartz

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Here's a chef trying a little harder:

http://www.tojos.com/omakase/cavalcade_001.html

Best wonton soup in town:

http://www.wildricevancouver.com/

I recommend the wild boar.

How about andouillette? Do they serve andouillette?

Bob Schwartz

Old July 19th 05, 03:54 PM
Nev Shea

Bob Schwartz wrote in news:11dp11pn8ng65c4
@corp.supernews.com:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Here's a chef trying a little harder:

http://www.tojos.com/omakase/cavalcade_001.html

Best wonton soup in town:

http://www.wildricevancouver.com/

I recommend the wild boar.

How about andouillette? Do they serve andouillette?

Yes, but since it is a sushi restaurant they serve it raw.

NS

rbr Rest Day: fun with web surfing Ryan Cousineau Racing 4 July 11th 05 07:19 AM
A good rest MSeries UK 1 December 17th 04 07:50 PM
CycleFest is coming - 6/13/04 Bethel, CT pete salomone Rides 1 June 4th 04 07:10 PM
Century training - rest day? Dale S. General 3 October 17th 03 03:54 AM
rest day over doobrie UK 5 August 23rd 03 08:58 AM