VeloNews goodstuff

Old June 29th 05, 03:38 PM

Default VeloNews goodstuff

I think RBR ribbing about masters fatties and posers (or poseurs) is
going a little too far:

"I was like, I'm not going to take this thing out training. It's
totally being a poser. But then I was finally like screw it, I f--king
won that race. That was a hard day. I deserve to wear this thing
around." -- Chris Wherry from
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/8335.0.html

What's next -- pros not wearing their team stuff at all because it's
too conspicuous?

And this is perspective:

"[C]ome on, man, at the end of the day, it's just bicycle racing. We're
not solving the world's problems here, are we? We might be actually
creating problems, creating traffic jams and stuff like that, so who
knows?" -- Floyd Landis from
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/8342.0.html

JT

Old June 29th 05, 05:34 PM
John Rees

I think RBR ribbing about masters fatties and posers (or poseurs) is
going a little too far:

"I was like, I'm not going to take this thing out training. It's
totally being a poser. But then I was finally like screw it, I f--king
won that race. That was a hard day. I deserve to wear this thing
around." -- Chris Wherry from
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/8335.0.html

What's next -- pros not wearing their team stuff at all because it's
too conspicuous?

And this is perspective:

"[C]ome on, man, at the end of the day, it's just bicycle racing. We're
not solving the world's problems here, are we? We might be actually
creating problems, creating traffic jams and stuff like that, so who
knows?" -- Floyd Landis from
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/8342.0.html

Geez, the dude needs some self esteem coaching. He is the last person
in the world who should be called a poser after a win like he had in
Philly. No gifts. No weird circumstances or weather. He won the race
outright, not like some years where the stars and stripes is like the
5th place finisher.

He came to Philly with a dominant team and he made all his team mates
hard work pay off. He should sleep with it on for chirssake! :-)
Old June 29th 05, 05:40 PM
Bill C

John Rees wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Agreed. That one really menas something and he worked his ass off to
get it. Wear it and be damn proud of it.
Bill C

Old June 29th 05, 06:10 PM
David Ferguson

On 29 Jun 2005 07:38:32 -0700, wrote:

I think RBR ribbing about masters fatties and posers (or poseurs) is
going a little too far:

"I was like, I'm not going to take this thing out training. It's
totally being a poser. But then I was finally like screw it, I f--king
won that race. That was a hard day. I deserve to wear this thing
around." -- Chris Wherry from
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/8335.0.html

What's next -- pros not wearing their team stuff at all because it's
too conspicuous?

And this is perspective:

"[C]ome on, man, at the end of the day, it's just bicycle racing. We're
not solving the world's problems here, are we? We might be actually
creating problems, creating traffic jams and stuff like that, so who
knows?" -- Floyd Landis from
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/8342.0.html

JT

It's only being a poser if you DIDN'T win the race.

But I'm sure there will still be some knob who will mutter "fred"
under his breath when he sees that jersey.

Old June 29th 05, 06:24 PM
gwhite

John Rees wrote:

Geez, the dude needs some self esteem coaching. He is the last person
in the world who should be called a poser after a win like he had in
Philly. No gifts. No weird circumstances or weather. He won the race
outright, not like some years where the stars and stripes is like the
5th place finisher.

He came to Philly with a dominant team and he made all his team mates
hard work pay off. He should sleep with it on for chirssake! :-)

He's probably having nightmares for all those times he looked over his
shoulder and saw Horner/Pate 7 seconds back. I never saw anyone look
over their shoulder so much and still win. But yes, he had a nice win.
It's his.
Old June 29th 05, 08:04 PM

John Rees wrote:
wrote:
I think RBR ribbing about masters fatties and posers (or poseurs) is
going a little too far:

"I was like, I'm not going to take this thing out training. It's
totally being a poser. But then I was finally like screw it, I f--king
won that race. That was a hard day. I deserve to wear this thing
around." -- Chris Wherry from
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/8335.0.html

What's next -- pros not wearing their team stuff at all because it's
too conspicuous?

Geez, the dude needs some self esteem coaching. He is the last person
in the world who should be called a poser after a win like he had in
Philly. ...

Just last month, some nameless person was suggesting that Horner
might be a poser for riding around Sacramento with his bright yellow
Saunier Duval kit on:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...edb4e1754a450e

Anyway, I guess all Horner's Sacto training paid off.

Old June 30th 05, 01:42 AM
David Ferguson

On 29 Jun 2005 12:04:02 -0700, "
wrote:

John Rees wrote:
wrote:
[...]

One of the very funniest stories like that I've ever read was by Mike
Creed in his Postal kit being called "Lance"(not in a complimentary
way) in a NYC BS.

Too funny.

Who Are The Velonews Mystery Pros? B Lafferty Racing 29 February 16th 05 06:39 PM
Velonews typo MagillaGorilla Racing 6 November 16th 04 10:42 PM
Velonews typo MagillaGorilla Racing 0 November 16th 04 01:03 PM
Fred 'Italian' bike ads in VeloNews. John Rees Racing 36 November 16th 04 08:27 AM
Fred 'Italian' bike ads in VeloNews. John Rees Racing 0 November 12th 04 03:14 PM