Shimano M765 Lever removal

Old January 19th 08, 06:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle,rec.bicycles.tech
John Tserkezis

Default Shimano M765 Lever removal

xPost aus.bicycle, rec.bycicles.tech

I have a Deore XT hydraulic lever that was bent and broken in a fall, and
obviously I need to replace it.

I have the new lever, that's not a problem, but removing the original is
appearing to be a challenge without bashing it some more, so since there must
be an easy way I'm not seeing, I'll ask.

See:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~jt_mobile/lever.jpg

As you can see, the lever portion is broken, and I'm trying to take it out.

The hinge point marked in red is what I'm having trouble removing. There
doesn't appear to be a circlip, screw, nut, bolt or anything except perhaps if
it's press-fit, but a bit of bashing doesn't work either.

I've tried picking the top part, bit it doesn't appear to want to give way,
and underneath, there is some internal bit that turns freely, but is just
round, not an allen key fitting or such.

Google isn't presenting anything useful, lots of Shimano diagrams, but only
relating to the entire hydraulic assembly itself, not detailed removal of all
the bits.

Any ideas?
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org
Old January 19th 08, 07:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle,rec.bicycles.tech
Tasnvs

John Tserkezis wrote:
[...]

Have you had a look here
http://techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/blevel.jsp
Old January 19th 08, 11:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle,rec.bicycles.tech
zog

John Tserkezis wrote:
[...]

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830608742.pdf

part no.4 is a grub screw holding part no.5 the lever axle
Old January 19th 08, 11:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle,rec.bicycles.tech
John Tserkezis

zog wrote:

The hinge point marked in red is what I'm having trouble removing.
There doesn't appear to be a circlip, screw, nut, bolt or anything
except perhaps if it's press-fit, but a bit of bashing doesn't work
either.

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830608742.pdf
part no.4 is a grub screw holding part no.5 the lever axle

Excellent, thank you very much.