NRMA sucks

Old January 12th 08, 06:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Kim Ryan

Default NRMA sucks

TimC wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if NRMA could create a new membership option: The roadside
service, without the increasingly naive and irrelevant political views and
commentary (for example, NRMA's war on bikes), and the claims of
representing my views to government along with my fellow NRMA members.
Perhaps NRMA could get together with RACV and the like to offer similar
membership options with those organisations as well, because wherever I
have lived, I would have appreciated the ability to have my car towed when
it broke down, but have not wished the motoring body to have counted my
membership as supporting their short sighted views. In the meantime,
enjoy the gridlock. I'm staying away from membership for the time being.

Or try http://www.247roadservices.com.au. Seems like they just want to
fix cars. So you don't pay for expensive lobbyists and media officers to
create anti-cycling diatribes.

Kim
Old January 12th 08, 11:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
scotty72[_104_]

Theo Bekkers Wrote:
scotty72 wrote:
Zebee Johnstone Wrote:

What retrograde vision?

His job is to promote the interests of his members, which means

more
and better facilities for cars.

Not more and better facilities for bicycles.

Sure, be nice if it wasn't so, but that *is* his job.

I can't wait until petrol is $2 p/l then many of his members
wont be
able to afford to drive 'Effing' Rd. Then, you might have a chance

of
seeing the blinding obvious that your anti-cyclist coloured glasses
will not let you.

You think the worldd will sstop when petrol hits $2 a litre? It's more
than
that in Europe now.

Scotty, I believe your glasses have clouded (steamed?) over, whilst
Zebee's
are still clear.

TheoGood, make it $3

I remember the howls when it hit $1

I suppose it just demonstrates the willingness for Australians to
whinge and whine, yet do nothing for our own benefit / interest. We're
worse than the poms.

Scotty

--
scotty72

Old January 13th 08, 11:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_586_]

Warning, warning, danger, danger: a Alan Odds impersonator is at large
again:

Epping hell will be no nirvana for motorists - or cyclists
http://tinyurl.com/2tgcqe

Who is Alan Odds you say? Alan is this very sensible fellow:
http://www.ratbagitinerant.com/stuff...ase_100108.pdf

Not this silly chap:
http://www.openroad.com.au/tor_presidents_jan06.asp

--