Anyone else skeptical about this explanation?

Old January 11th 08, 06:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default Anyone else skeptical about this explanation?

Hit the gutter:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/...988535512.html

--
TimC
I got told by a friend's ex-girlfriend that she could tell I was
Old January 11th 08, 08:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

TimC wrote:
Hit the gutter:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/...988535512.html

Normally yes, but as I know Henry Parry Drive and there are a trio of
humungously steep hills on it, It is feasible.

The pull up fron Frederick St, past White Street to Carroll Ave was my
fitness testing climb.

There is another climb from Erina St in Gosford up over and down to Etna
St in North Gosford.

Umm, brake cable snapping and him not reacting in time might see him a
bit out of control and striking the kerb to be thrown against a fence,
but embankment afterwards doesn't fit anywhere I know of.

Trouble is, he would have to be totally out of control or panicked to
hit a kerb as all three hill s have good runs at the bottom.

Hmm, car not giving way out of Etna St would be my best guess if you
want foul play.

Old January 11th 08, 12:12 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_575_]

Terryc Wrote:

Hmm, car not giving way out of Etna St would be my best guess if you
want foul play.

It's a online article and sadly no one really knows what occurred until
the coroner makes a report. So until the facts are clear lets just leave
any supposition or inference alone for now.

Our condolences to his family and friends.

--
cfsmtb

Old January 11th 08, 01:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

cfsmtb wrote:
Terryc Wrote:

Hmm, car not giving way out of Etna St would be my best guess if you
want foul play.

It's a online article and sadly no one really knows what occurred until
the coroner makes a report.

Good,thanks for volunteering to chase it up.
Old January 12th 08, 06:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
EuanB[_155_]

TimC Wrote:
Hit the gutter:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/...988535512.html

--
TimC
I got told by a friend's ex-girlfriend that she could tell I was
a Linux geek from the way I *walked*. -- Skud

No, not in the least. The same happened to a friend of a friend who
was a competent cyclist. Tragic.

--
EuanB

Old January 12th 08, 07:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

EuanB wrote:
TimC Wrote:
Hit the gutter:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/...988535512.html

I got told by a friend's ex-girlfriend that she could tell I was
a Linux geek from the way I *walked*.

No, not in the least. The same happened to a friend of a friend who
was a competent cyclist. Tragic.

What, got mistaken for a Linux geek? :-)

Theo

I'm skeptical about the benefits of a big wheel specific handle... phlegm Unicycling 23 March 7th 07 11:55 PM
The Explanation Stu Fleming Racing 0 July 29th 06 10:47 PM
Jan's explanation? Bill C Racing 34 July 18th 06 09:42 AM
Has Tyler H. Offered any Explanation? steve Racing 9 July 22nd 05 04:26 PM
Explanation of TT and Tri bike geometry? John Haas General 7 December 2nd 04 04:12 PM