Helmetcam

Old January 11th 08, 03:39 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default Helmetcam

I'm just watching Radiohead's Jigsaw Falling Into Place, on Rage, and
the gimmick there is to have the band members wear a helmet with a
camera mounted on some sort of mounting a couple of feet in front of
their head, looking back at their face. Tom Yorke can sure move his
head. I can thoroughly endorse this product and/or service:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKrsBVFsfIQ

For some reason I am reminded of my experiments into computer
visualisation utilising a spaceball input device.

But now I have to work out how to do the same to my helmet cam (theirs
is a lot better quality unfortunately) -- I front-quick-release-cam
looking back at my feet was highly uninteresting.

I suspect this person is having some trouble balancing theirs:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rK2NtC7EluA

--
TimC
We are no longer the knights who say "ni"
Old January 12th 08, 01:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
OzCableguy

"TimC" wrote in message
I'm just watching Radiohead's Jigsaw Falling Into Place, on Rage, and
the gimmick there is to have the band members wear a helmet with a
camera mounted on some sort of mounting a couple of feet in front of
their head, looking back at their face. Tom Yorke can sure move his
head. I can thoroughly endorse this product and/or service:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKrsBVFsfIQ

Heh! A bizarre effect.
I saw this technique on the intro to Chosen Line (MTB) on Foxtel a while
back - http://youtube.com/watch?v=H4rSEQv3ews but Huey Lewis did a similar
thing way back in the 80's with mounting the cam on the mike stand and
instruments - http://youtube.com/watch?v=jAPtTdbAbRg.
Powderfinger also did something similar on the On My Mind filmclip but it
uses computer wizardry rather than a clever cam mount I think -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=t0O-2ax6KUE

--
www.ozcableguy.com
www.oztechnologies.com

Couple of helmetcam videos LSMike UK 23 November 3rd 07 04:11 PM
good PAL helmetcam? megoodsen Mountain Biking 0 March 13th 06 03:46 PM