Fake Youtube videos

Old May 18th 20, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default Fake Youtube videos

On 20:47 17 May 2020, Mike Collins said:

On Sunday, 17 May 2020 19:19:26 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 17:21 17 May 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 2:18:34 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 13:18 17 May 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 12:46:27 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=319hzKKiSlE

Obviously fake as it shows a motorist going through a red light
and we are told this never happens.

I had dozen of RLJ drivers on film when I used to cycle to work.

In my experience it's is rare to see a cyclist observe a red light.

You must a have very limited "experience" then.

At a red light too many cyclists act as if it's their absolute right to
go through on red if there's no traffic. It's quite disgraceful.

The part of your post where you provided evidence to support this claim
seems to be missing.

Michael, the part of your post where you show evidence of a search to read
more about this is missing. Laziness is becoming a habit for you.

------

A TFL survey of 7500 cyclists found 1 in 6 admitted to going through a red
light. Who know how many didn't admit it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Stat...ugh+Red+Lights

I repeat, at a red light too many cyclists act as if it's their absolute
right to go through on red if there's no traffic. It's disgraceful.
Old May 19th 20, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Monday, 18 May 2020 13:14:54 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
[...]

The burden of proof is on you,

A TFL survey of 7500 cyclists found 1 in 6 admitted to going through a red
light. Who know how many didn't admit it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Stat...ugh+Red+Lights

I repeat, at a red light too many cyclists act as if it's their absolute
right to go through on red if there's no traffic. It's disgraceful.

So you have no evidence to support your claim.

Old May 19th 20, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

wrote:
[...]

You have been behaving more and more like a troll. Pretending to be clue-
proof is a common technique amongst such Usenet deviants. I suggest you
rethink your negative behaviour:

http://fravia.2113.ch/way_kook.htm
Old May 19th 20, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 19:32 17 May 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 7:19:26 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 17:21 17 May 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 2:18:34 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 13:18 17 May 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 12:46:27 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=319hzKKiSlE

Obviously fake as it shows a motorist going through a red light
and we are told this never happens.

I had dozen of RLJ drivers on film when I used to cycle to work.

In my experience it's is rare to see a cyclist observe a red light.

You must a have very limited "experience" then.

At a red light too many cyclists act as if it's their absolute right to
go through on red if there's no traffic. It's quite disgraceful.

As disgraceful as this lot of offences in their millions?

Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags,
outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate
parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no
licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double
lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear
lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty
steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat
abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way street abuse, amber/red
light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane abuse, box junction abuse,
death by dangerous driving, excess smoke and noise from exhaust, duff
suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles, underage child in
front, lights causing glare, over weight limit, ignoring no entry signs,
parking without permit, not having control of your vehicle, improper use
of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no licence
application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop
for police/lollipop/zebra etc - ran out of space

You seem to have a childish sense of right and wrong.

Two wrongs don't make a right. What someone else does doesn't absolve
your misdeed.

If a cyclist jumps a red light then it's wrong. It doesn't make any
difference how many murders, fatal crashes or armed robberies occur that
day.

Old May 19th 20, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 19/05/2020 12:37, Pamela wrote:
On 19:32 17 May 2020, Simon Mason said:
On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 7:19:26 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

At a red light too many cyclists act as if it's their absolute right to
go through on red if there's no traffic. It's quite disgraceful.

As disgraceful as this lot of offences in their millions?

Speeding, parking - etc

You seem to have a childish sense of right and wrong.

Two wrongs don't make a right. What someone else does doesn't absolve
your misdeed.

Has anybody ever claimed otherwise?

But it does mean that if drivers think that their own law breaking and
that of other drivers is not a problem, they have no right to point a
finger.
Old May 19th 20, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 19:32Â* 17 May 2020, Simon Mason said:
On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 7:19:26 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

At a red light too many cyclists act as if it's their absolute right to
go through on red if there's no traffic.Â* It's quite disgraceful.

As disgraceful as this lot of offences in their millions?

Speeding, parking - etc

You seem to have a childish sense of right and wrong.

Two wrongs don't make a right.Â* What someone else does doesn't absolve
your misdeed.

Has anybody ever claimed otherwise?

But it does mean that if drivers think that their own law breaking and
that of other drivers is not a problem, they have no right to point a
finger.

That is 100% nonsense and you know it.

All citizens have the right to point out that many (most?) cyclists
today routinely break traffic law (though I'd say that it was not always
so). It makes no difference what the individual citizen may have done or
not done in the past, none of it devalues an accurate observation.
Old May 19th 20, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

wrote:
[...]

So still no evidence to support your claim.

Old May 19th 20, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

JNugent wrote:

All citizens have the right to point out that many (most?) cyclists
today routinely break traffic law...

Thanks for putting that question mark against most. The whole
statement sounds quite damning, and the most (with a question mark) is
on reflection (speaking as a cyclist) a dispassionate addition. Well,
let's face it, the statement is quite damning.

Let us now just consider our companion road users, car drivers. Can we
say: 'All citizens have the right to point out that many (most?) car
drivers today routinely break traffic law.' Is that statement
dispassionately true in the same way as the one applying to cyclists?
Well, (speaking as a driver who considers their chance of being caught
for speeding to be highly unlikely - touch wood) I would say it is.
Even careful and aware car drivers know how easy it is to exceed the
speed limit, albeit if only fleetingly.

So speaking as a pedestrian then, I could dispassionately say: 'All
citizens have the right to point out that many (most?) car drivers and
cyclist today routinely break traffic law'.

Can you, and the rest of the group, accept that?

Old May 19th 20, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 19/05/2020 19:18, Kelly wrote:

JNugent wrote:

All citizens have the right to point out that many (most?) cyclists
today routinely break traffic law...

Thanks for putting that question mark against most. The whole
statement sounds quite damning, and the most (with a question mark) is
on reflection (speaking as a cyclist) a dispassionate addition. Well,
let's face it, the statement is quite damning.

Let us now just consider our companion road users, car drivers. Can we
say: 'All citizens have the right to point out that many (most?) car
drivers today routinely break traffic law.'

Of course we can. Whether it is as true as the one about cyclists is
another question.

Is that statement
dispassionately true in the same way as the one applying to cyclists?

No, it isn't.

All drivers occasionally breach road traffic rules. Sometimes
deliberately, often inadvertently.

Nevertheless, I would argue that very few drivers leave home in the
morning with the attitude that they are going to break speed limits,
pass red traffic lights, proceed the wrong way in a one-way system,
drive during the hours of darkness without lights switched on, etc, etc.
A very few might, but that proportion will be vanishingly small.

I'll give you an example. I have found myself driving the wrong way
along along a one-way street a few times, in nearly 50 years' driving
(and something in excess of a million miles driven). Each time it was
inadvertent. On each occasion, I took steps to rectify the position
immediately (or as immediately as possible in a narrow street). The last
such incident took place about fifteen years ago in one of those towns
just north west of Birmingham. I was heading for a late night
supermarket for a bottle of wine to have in my hotel room. I didn't know
the area and misread a town centre junction. It happens.

On none of those occasions did I intend to ignore traffic signs, traffic
lights, speed limit signs or anything else. It was just a result of
human frailty.

I can remember when cyclists took the same approach (I'm that old). But
you cannot realistically claim that cyclists ignoring red traffic lights
or riding on the footway have done that accidentally. And I know you
would not try to claim it.

Today, only some cyclists set out planning to obey traffic law do - and
you know that to be true.

Well, (speaking as a driver who considers their chance of being caught
for speeding to be highly unlikely - touch wood) I would say it is.

Being caught for speeding used to be unusual. Not now. Not for nothing
do most manufacturers now fit a controllable speed limiter as an adjunct
to cruise control. Not for nothing do I always have it set to 30mph, the
only open question being whether it is switched in (in a 30 zone) or out
or set to a higher limit (in a zone with a higher limit). The speed
limiter is the best accessory for motor vehicles invented in the last
twenty years. Well, joint-first with the satnav.

Even careful and aware car drivers know how easy it is to exceed the
speed limit, albeit if only fleetingly.

Absolutely.

So speaking as a pedestrian then, I could dispassionately say: 'All
citizens have the right to point out that many (most?) car drivers and
cyclist today routinely break traffic law'.

True. And I too can say it as a pedestrian. But I have never had a car
approach me driving along a footway. I can't say that about cycles -
sometimes a whole family, who can never see anything wrong with their
behaviour.

Can you, and the rest of the group, accept that?

I can, subject to that distinction(s) I made above, and of which you
were already well aware in any case.
Old May 19th 20, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 19/05/2020 14:55, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Fair enough. I will allow you your "right" to mention if it is observed.
You don't have the right to wag a finger if it is done with proper
consideration. Is that better?

Fake dash cam videos Simon Jester UK 4 July 10th 18 10:18 PM
Some high quality recumbent trike videos on YouTube Anton Berlin Racing 1 November 28th 10 06:58 PM
Some high quality recumbent trike videos on YouTube Phil H Racing 0 November 27th 10 03:15 PM
Cycling doctor gets death threats after posting videos of crapdriving on Youtube. spindrift UK 29 March 27th 08 03:24 PM
Bicycles videos all type of stunts and repairing and masthi videos nice Techniques 0 January 11th 08 02:48 PM