Big Auto Paid/Pays Hollywood To Glamorize What Runs Cyclists Off the Streets

Old May 25th 20, 04:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Big Auto Paid/Pays Hollywood To Glamorize What Runs Cyclists Off the Streets

Everyone knows Big Tobacco paid Hollywood to glamorize cigarette smoking so it would be nothing short of astounding if motor vehicle manufacturers didn't pay for similar to get everyone into SUVs.

Hollywood can get 'em to believe _any_ thing is glamorous.

This comes to mind as the Ford CEO says, cars "allow you to control your environment."

Without motor vehicles cyclists as well as others can _enjoy_ the outdoors.

All 8 billion people on the planet can agree Americans aren't the greatest critical thinkers so even the most obvious Hollywood scams are never questioned. The only reason you see any progress at all in California is they have incidental contact with that sleazy industry.

Bret Cahill