9yo cyclist critical condition, 4x4 driver uninjured

Old July 27th 05, 09:11 PM
Stross

Default 9yo cyclist critical condition, 4x4 driver uninjured

Apologies, but am slightly raging having read this. Just why do they
think we need to know the driver is safe after his "Mitsubishi Shogun
collided with the boy"?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/4720627.stm

Stross
Old July 27th 05, 09:24 PM
Jack Ouzzi

Safe knowing that the Shogun driver can speed all around Lincolnshire
and not get injured. I know this road well and would bet huge amounts
of money that SPEED was the culprit here, as well as an arrogant driver.

Old July 27th 05, 09:38 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:11:27 +0100, the person
known to the court as Stross mail@REMOVETHISstevenrossDOTplusDOTcom
made a statement
in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

Apologies, but am slightly raging having read this. Just why do they
think we need to know the driver is safe after his "Mitsubishi Shogun
collided with the boy"?

I think that's shorthand for "the boys parents have not yet caught up
with the twunt"...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old July 27th 05, 09:41 PM
Jack Ouzzi

Maybe you haven't been to Lincolnshire

Old July 27th 05, 09:41 PM
MartinM

Stross wrote:
Apologies, but am slightly raging having read this. Just why do they
think we need to know the driver is safe after his "Mitsubishi Shogun
collided with the boy"?

it does sound very crass reporting but I think it is standard, maybe
some legal reason.

Old July 27th 05, 09:45 PM
vernon

"Stross" mail@REMOVETHISstevenrossDOTplusDOTcom wrote in message
Apologies, but am slightly raging having read this. Just why do they
think we need to know the driver is safe after his "Mitsubishi Shogun
collided with the boy"?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/4720627.stm

And why do we need to know that you are outraged? It's not going to affect
the outcome of the incident nor alter the pattern of reporting.

These outrage messages make me so angry I could slam the phone down (Kenny
Everett R.I.P.) :-)

Old July 27th 05, 09:46 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:45:08 +0100, the person
known to the court as "vernon" made a statement
in Your Honour's bundle) to the
following effect:

These outrage messages make me so angry I could slam the phone down (Kenny
Everett R.I.P.)

ITYM Steve "Beaky" Wright, inna Mr Angry from Purley stylee.

Guy

Old July 27th 05, 10:02 PM
vernon

These outrage messages make me so angry I could slam the phone down

(Kenny
Everett R.I.P.)

ITYM Steve "Beaky" Wright, inna Mr Angry from Purley stylee.

Must be developing early onset Alzheimers - never mind, I'll be able to make
new friends every day :-)

Old July 27th 05, 10:07 PM
Tony Raven

Jack Ouzzi wrote:
I know this road well and would bet huge amounts
of money that SPEED was the culprit here, as well as an arrogant driver.

But you can't drive fast on Lincolnshire roads or you get seasick.

--
Tony

Anon