Goodbye

Old April 26th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Doug Taylor

Default Goodbye

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:43:27 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

I was always fascinated how someone who talked such sense about
bikes, could seem so wacko about politics. Which was kind of fun and
thought provoking.

Is everyone who disagrees with you or has a different viewpoint from yours
"wacko"?

Just wondering.

I doubt it. He was probably just checking a few polls
http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm
and figured that if 60% +/- of the population disapproves of G.W. Bush
generally, then people like you and Hickey, who drink the cool aid by
the gallon, are so far over the right edge of the bell curve as to
qualify as bone fide "wackos."

Old April 26th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Paul O wrote:

As a long time reader (and a very infrequent contributor) I'm also
finding that participating in this newsgroup is becoming less and less
enjoyable. I don't mind an occasional, spirited political or technical
discussion. But the venom that some people pour into their posts is
totally uncalled for.

Agree 100 percent!

Usenet is not the place it once was
Old April 26th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

I just love these people who advocate plonking anyone they disagree
with. They don't even realize that they come across as malignantly
dogmatic! If you're not willing to read opposing viewpoints, then
don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out! And Mark, I
direct this statement at you, even though I often agree with your
political opinions, but I always wonder why you have to take a
bicycling-oriented thread and turn it into a political rant. Hey,
guess what! If you plonk everybody else on the list, then all you'll
ever have to read is your own opinions! Wouldn't that be WONDERFUL!?

Old April 26th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_3_]

Again, Pat, the /difference/ is that Mark Davis or Mark Hickey or {insert
any conservative} don't try to PREVENT the other side from expressing its
views. Granted, some of their criticisms may be a bit harsh or wrong or
whatever, but they don't try to /deny/ the other side the chance to talk.

For some reason, you are fixated on people going to speak at colleges.
There is much much more effect from the myriad number of radio/television
talk show hosts calling for the "left" to be censored. Mark Davis calls for
his listeners to contact advertisers. Bill O'Reilly is famous for his
boycotts and urging people to contact the advertisers on different shows. So
are other people like Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck. Yes, Bill, they DO make
an effort to deny the other side a chance to talk. I don't understand why
you don't see that. No one of any political persuasion should ever make the
leap of logic that only their side is perfectly fair with clean hands!

Put it this way: I would rather be root-canaled than listen to Air
America. YMMV.

A survey was done that reported hard-core conservatives would only listen to
those speakers who reinforced their views. That's a bit sad and certainly
does not much such people well-rounded individuals in their news
information. You can test this theory by talking to Rush Limbaugh believers.
Weeks after the attorney firings story broke, these people were still
writing newspapers (organized effort?) to claim that "nobody noticed that
Clinton fired attorneys when he first took office!"

You have no idea where those come from, do you? An African-American
reporter for the LA Times called Obama "a convenient Negro" for assuaging
white guilt -- AND talked about Sharpton being jealous of him (after all,
Joe Biden as much as said Obama was the first "articulate and /clean/
black presidential candidate). Limbaugh's parodies even go to great pains
to /include/ the source in their content, but the blogs ignore that
"inconvenient truth" and portray them as mean-spirited when in fact
they're not. If you listen to his show you'd know that. (I've never
heard him use "Halfrican", BTW. This is the first I've ever heard that --
although I have heard that some Dems wonder "if he's Black enough" or
"down with the struggle" as Jesse puts it.)

Oooh, So you are a hard-core Limbaugh believer? I would be interested in
your crawfishing when it comes to Limbaugh's illegal drug use. If you can
try to explain away Limbaugh's blatant racism and sexism, you must really
contort yourself into figure 8's trying to explain some other things he has
said.

Pat in TX

Old April 26th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Doug Taylor

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:48:30 -0500, Tim McNamara
wrote:

Exactly. There are a few irredeemable idiots in my killfiles, plus a
few utterly annoying threads that I killfiled too. There are people I
argue with regularly, who have enough content in their posts to make it
worth not killfiling them.

Thanks, Tim. I'm so vain that I think this is about me :-)

Cyber-epistemology 101:

If everybody on usenet killfiled your account, would you exist?

Old April 26th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_3_]

You just deleted the context and attribution(s) /again/. (And apparently
don't understand the meaning of hypocrisy, either.)

Let's make this easy, Pat.

PLONK

I am not interested in debating what someone else has written. What you have
written shows your flawed thinking. Is that what happens to conservatives?
If you can't yell at people enough you just turn away and won't listen. It
reminds me of a little kid holding both hands over his ears and yelling "I
can't hear you!" when somebody tries to tell him what is going on. I see
you're firmly one of the 27%, Bill. Is the rest of the country "the left"?

Pat in TX

Old April 26th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

Scott Gordo wrote:
On Apr 25, 1:30 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Mark Hickey wrote:

{farewell snipped}

Will you at least stick around in AM-B?!? PLEEEEEEEZE?!?

Is AM-B still a newsgroup? That place is having it's bones picked dry.
I still check it and post, but it has succumbed to the 5 bungholes who
drown everyone else out. AND the seemingly limitless number of people
who can't see past the bait.

I still read it, but you're right there's not much real /content/ any more.
(I plonked Vandemoron and all his regular bait-takers who never contribute
anything else.)

Good aspect is it takes very little time nowadays.

Mark, if this was a way to get the rest of the group to reflect on
what it means to lose a valued contributor, kudos. If you're for real,
thanks for the tech info and the informed opinion.

It's for real. He's a free man! LOL

Old April 26th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article om,
D'ohBoy wrote:

You're such a ****ing joke Sornson.

Bill manages to be funny fairly often. IMHO, YMMV of course.

Gee, I'm so sorry I plonked Doughie Dick and missed his insightful
commentary! LOL

Bill "and the Train Wreck must have changed his user name but he's
re-plonked, too" S.

Old April 26th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

wrote:
I just love these people who advocate plonking anyone they disagree
with. They don't even realize that they come across as malignantly
dogmatic! If you're not willing to read opposing viewpoints, then
don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out! And Mark, I
direct this statement at you, even though I often agree with your
political opinions, but I always wonder why you have to take a
bicycling-oriented thread and turn it into a political rant. Hey,
guess what! If you plonk everybody else on the list, then all you'll
ever have to read is your own opinions! Wouldn't that be WONDERFUL!?

Read the Floyd thread and see who turned it from cycling to political. (In
fact, find even one example of Mark /starting/ a political thread, or
introducing political content into a cycling thread. He simply had the
NERVE to reply or respond when others did. How dare he?!?)

As for reading opposing opinions, I'm all for that (do so daily and I *know*
Mark does); but personal attacks, blatant hypocrisy and outright lies and
distortions are different. After a while, they're just not worth answering
or engaging. (Plus, of course, they can name-call all day long, but when
someone issues a pointed reply they totally lose their collective bowel
control. Would be funny but for the willing media playing along to warp
public opinion.)

You're blind and in denial if you can't see the double standards in effect
these days.

BS (not)

Goodbye LMO Recumbent Biking 7 January 17th 07 10:49 AM
Goodbye TdF on OLN wimpyVO2 Racing 32 July 14th 06 03:37 AM
RR. Goodbye old friend freightgod Mountain Biking 3 October 24th 05 01:45 AM
goodbye small change Mountain Biking 8 May 25th 05 05:45 PM
Goodbye thinuniking Unicycling 2 March 3rd 04 07:42 PM