Why do you post here?

Old July 5th 12, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks

Default Why do you post here?

I would like to know, quite simply, why each poster posts here. This
is aimed at the trolls more than the (actual) cyclists, but I'd be
interested to hear from everyone.

I post here because, shock horror, I am interested in discussing
cycling in the UK. (A naive person who hadn't read this newsgroup may
naturally assume that that is why everyone posts here, but alas, we
know differently...)
Old July 5th 12, 02:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On Jul 5, 12:53*am, M Wicks wrote:
I would like to know, quite simply, why each poster posts here. This
is aimed at the trolls more than the (actual) cyclists, but I'd be
interested to hear from everyone.

I post here because, shock horror, I am interested in discussing
cycling in the UK. (A naive person who hadn't read this newsgroup may
naturally assume that that is why everyone posts here, but alas, we
know differently...)

Spoken like the true troll you are.

Old July 5th 12, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On Jul 5, 12:53*am, M Wicks wrote:
I would like to know, quite simply, why each poster posts here. This
is aimed at the trolls more than the (actual) cyclists, but I'd be
interested to hear from everyone.

I post here because, shock horror, I am interested in discussing
cycling in the UK. (A naive person who hadn't read this newsgroup may
naturally assume that that is why everyone posts here, but alas, we
know differently...)

I used to post here because I have enjoyed in the past being a cyclist
for many years but latterly I have become more aware of how exposed to
death and injury vulnerable cyclists are on our roads, where priority
is given to traffic flow over and above road safety, and how the
dangerous car-culture mob has been allowed to grow and dominate
virtually every aspect of British society, including this cycling
newsgroup.

Also, as a person who has been hospitalised three time so far by
drivers, I gradually at first became more aware of the world wide
campaigning against the dominance of the car and which I like to think
I am now a part of.

So all the anti-cyclist trolls who post here, watch out!

-- .
Car Free Cities.
http://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.
Old July 5th 12, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"M Wicks" wrote in message
I would like to know, quite simply, why each poster posts here. This
is aimed at the trolls more than the (actual) cyclists, but I'd be
interested to hear from everyone.

I post here because, shock horror, I am interested in discussing
cycling in the UK. (A naive person who hadn't read this newsgroup may
naturally assume that that is why everyone posts here, but alas, we
know differently...)

I post here to take the **** out of militant cyclists and/or God squad.
It's very satisfying, especially when they get wound up and post a entire
essay in reply to me.

Old July 5th 12, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks

On Jul 5, 9:07*am, "John Benn" wrote:
"M Wicks" wrote in message

I would like to know, quite simply, why each poster posts here. This
is aimed at the trolls more than the (actual) cyclists, but I'd be
interested to hear from everyone.

I post here because, shock horror, I am interested in discussing
cycling in the UK. (A naive person who hadn't read this newsgroup may
naturally assume that that is why everyone posts here, but alas, we
know differently...)

I post here to take the **** out of militant cyclists and/or God squad.
It's very satisfying, especially when they get wound up and post a entire
essay in reply to me.

Do you realise just how much you sound like your portrayal of Simon
Mason, but on the 'other side'? 'I post here to poke fun at trolls',
'It's their own time they're wasting', etc. The reason you hate him so
much that you turn up to his company's AGMs to smear him is because
deep down you fear that you're exactly like him. There's a thin line
between love and hate, Jonathan (if indeed that is your name).

Taken anyone's unsubstantiated word about anything lately?
Old July 5th 12, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

[...]

Another sermon. Excellent.

Old July 5th 12, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 05/07/2012 07:40, Doug wrote:
On Jul 5, 12:53 am, M Wicks wrote:
[...]

What ought they to watch out for?

Old July 5th 12, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"M Wicks" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I think we've found a suitable successor to Mason, now that he's ****ed
off.

First post looked like a little marty wallace troll post. [email protected] Australia 0 April 27th 07 03:41 PM
using the post office to post a mountain bike misterroy UK 9 August 27th 05 04:51 PM
Adjustment of Post Moderne shock absorbing seat post Beaters Techniques 2 June 14th 05 05:22 PM
Post Moderne Seat Post Sam Salt UK 3 March 2nd 05 10:46 AM
Post Moderne Bracer sus post Pete Biggs UK 10 January 19th 04 08:05 PM