Car rack for Catrike

Old September 14th 04, 04:23 AM
pjclarkesq

Default Car rack for Catrike

I just bought a new Catrike and i'm looking for suggestions on how to
transport it. I have a Thule trunk rack on my Civic and the Catrike will
ride on it...but it rides very high and I worry about the lateral stability
of the Thule. The lateral straps fasten low on the trunk lid, near the
bumper and the lateral force of the Catrike is much higher than that. If
anyone know or a rack specially made for trikes, or has some creative ideas
about transporting a Catrike on Civic mounted Thule I'd greatly appreciate
it.

Thanks

Phil

Old September 15th 04, 02:31 AM
Robert L. Bass

I just bought a new Catrike and i'm looking for suggestions on how to
transport it. I have a Thule trunk rack on my Civic and the Catrike

will
ride on it...but it rides very high and I worry about the lateral

stability
of the Thule. The lateral straps fasten low on the trunk lid, near the
bumper and the lateral force of the Catrike is much higher than that. If
anyone know or a rack specially made for trikes, or has some creative

ideas
about transporting a Catrike on Civic mounted Thule I'd greatly appreciate
it.

Hi Phil,

FWIW, I've transported my kayak on a Thule rack many times without the
slightest hint of a problem. The kayak is significantly heavier than any
trike I've seen. At better than 15' long by about 2' high, it also has a
much greater wind load than the trike. I got hooked on Thule racks years
ago when I started skiing (again). They're really sturdy gear.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================
Bass Home Electronics
2291 Pine View Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34231
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================

Old September 15th 04, 07:55 AM
areles

Phil,

Try http://www.hitchrider.com/trike-rack.htm

However, it requires that you have a frame-mounted trailer hitch on your vehicle.

Areles
Old September 15th 04, 12:10 PM
BentJay

Sell your car and get a Chrysler PT Cruiser. My Greenspeed GTO fits
inside it without removing any seats.

BentJay
Old September 15th 04, 05:58 PM
pjclarkesq

"BentJay" wrote in message
om...
Sell your car and get a Chrysler PT Cruiser. My Greenspeed GTO fits
inside it without removing any seats.

BentJay

Thanks BentJay....that'd be a great idea. But I'm getting 52 mpg with my
Civic Hybrid. Not ready to give that up.
Phil

Old September 15th 04, 06:02 PM
pjclarkesq

"areles" wrote in message
om...
Phil,

Try http://www.hitchrider.com/trike-rack.htm

However, it requires that you have a frame-mounted trailer hitch on your

vehicle.

Areles

Thanks, Areles....this looks like the best idea yet. I'm looking into.

Phil

Old September 16th 04, 02:02 AM
areles

Phil,

Forgot to mention that it's not going to be cheap - a HitchRider rack
plus a frame mounted trailer hitch.

Areles