The depressing real reason police have stopped cracking down onaggressive morons on bikes

Old March 6th 17, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default The depressing real reason police have stopped cracking down onaggressive morons on bikes

"Last week was normal. I was almost sent spinning by a cyclist hurtling
through a zebra crossing while I was half-way across.
Also normal was the volley of profanity from the cyclist as he swerved
past — as were the looks of helpless sympathy from a couple of other
pedestrians."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...#ixzz4aZkb2lnc
,Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old March 6th 17, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default A miss is as good as a mile

Old March 6th 17, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

MrCheerful wrote:
"Last week was normal. I was almost sent spinning by a cyclist
hurtling through a zebra crossing while I was half-way across.
Also normal was the volley of profanity from the cyclist as he swerved
past - as were the looks of helpless sympathy from a couple of other
pedestrians."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...#ixzz4aZkb2lnc
,Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I seem to have clicked on my reply to you, rather than to the group.
My apologies.

Old March 6th 17, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 06/03/2017 19:50, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/03/17 19:27, MrCheerful wrote:
"Last week was normal. I was almost sent spinning by a cyclist hurtling
through a zebra crossing while I was half-way across.

Interesting how cyclists want plenty of space when others overtake them,
yet do not accord others the same consideration, even on a pedestrian
crossing, where merely passing the markers while a pedestrian is on the
crossing makes their very presence illegal.
Old March 6th 17, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 06/03/2017 20:50, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
"Last week was normal. I was almost sent spinning by a cyclist
hurtling through a zebra crossing while I was half-way across.
Also normal was the volley of profanity from the cyclist as he swerved
past - as were the looks of helpless sympathy from a couple of other
pedestrians."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...#ixzz4aZkb2lnc
,Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I seem to have clicked on my reply to you, rather than to the group.
My apologies.

Not a problem.

your reply was:
"I think that the comments on this article show how much Scum cyclists
are detested. "

Old March 6th 17, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 06/03/17 20:52, MrCheerful wrote:
On 06/03/2017 19:50, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/03/17 19:27, MrCheerful wrote:
"Last week was normal. I was almost sent spinning by a cyclist hurtling
through a zebra crossing while I was half-way across.

Interesting how cyclists want plenty of space when others overtake them,
yet do not accord others the same consideration, even on a pedestrian
crossing, where merely passing the markers while a pedestrian is on the
crossing makes their very presence illegal.

Interesting how my reply went way over your head.
Old March 6th 17, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 06/03/2017 21:06, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/03/17 20:52, MrCheerful wrote:
On 06/03/2017 19:50, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/03/17 19:27, MrCheerful wrote:
"Last week was normal. I was almost sent spinning by a cyclist hurtling
through a zebra crossing while I was half-way across.

Interesting how cyclists want plenty of space when others overtake them,
yet do not accord others the same consideration, even on a pedestrian
crossing, where merely passing the markers while a pedestrian is on the
crossing makes their very presence illegal.

Interesting how my reply went way over your head.

No I realise what you were trying to imply, however the need for
clearance under normal traffic conditions is not the same as the need
for observation of the law regarding stopping, is it?
Old March 8th 17, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 06/03/17 22:19, MrCheerful wrote:
On 06/03/2017 21:06, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/03/17 20:52, MrCheerful wrote:
On 06/03/2017 19:50, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/03/17 19:27, MrCheerful wrote:
"Last week was normal. I was almost sent spinning by a cyclist
hurtling
through a zebra crossing while I was half-way across.

Interesting how cyclists want plenty of space when others overtake them,
yet do not accord others the same consideration, even on a pedestrian
crossing, where merely passing the markers while a pedestrian is on the
crossing makes their very presence illegal.

Interesting how my reply went way over your head.

No I realise what you were trying to imply, however the need for
clearance under normal traffic conditions is not the same as the need
for observation of the law regarding stopping, is it?

Law is an irrelevance in the comparison.
Old March 8th 17, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 08/03/2017 08:47, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

No, the 'miss' by the self driving car was perfectly OK legally, the
miss by the cyclist of a pedestrian legally using a designated crossing
was outside the law, the cyclist should not have been there.