Telford frame

Old December 17th 04, 05:26 PM
uni412

Default Telford frame

Would someone please post a picture of a Telford frame? I'm curious
aobut the design.

(I know someones going to tell me to use the search feature, but I've
tried and am having a lot of trouble finding a picture.)

Thanks

--
uni412 - unicycle fanatic
uni412's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4707

Old December 17th 04, 06:54 PM
john_childs

Nathan Hoover has a couple of photos of his Telford in his unicycles
gallery at Webshots: 'Nathan's unicycles'
(http://community.webshots.com/album/29172825KykoOOuIOY). Go to page 2
of the gallery to see the Telford.

I'll attach a vintage photo of a Telford. It's from the days before the
discovery of the 3" wide Gazz. You can also see the Thudbuster Uni
Pivot seatpost shock that the Telford frame was designed for. That's
why the seatpost is angled back the way it is, so the Uni Pivot shock
moves downwards. Bike seatposts are angled back and the Uni Pivot was
designed for the bike geometry. The Telford had to match that geometry
to make it work right.

| Attachment filename: telford1.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/256549|

john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old December 17th 04, 07:02 PM
maroastedpeanuts

Thas a cool looking uni there...but its a bit too flashy

--
maroastedpeanuts
maroastedpeanuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6723

Old December 18th 04, 03:28 PM
beelzebub of balance

Here are some photos of my Telford. Can a unicycle be too flashy?

| Attachment filename: hpim0035.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/256793|

beelzebub of balance - Junior Member of the Universe

"When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried
before." Mae West

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD
beelzebub of balance's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1631

Old December 18th 04, 03:30 PM
beelzebub of balance

Woops! too big.

| Attachment filename: hpim0031.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/256794|

Old December 18th 04, 03:30 PM
beelzebub of balance

Another

| Attachment filename: hpim0029.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/256795|

Old December 18th 04, 03:51 PM
drewation

how do you ride that is it harder then normal?

--
drewation - S'toons finest

why take the bus when you can uni?

http://www.sunic.s5.com/ - finnaly are site is made

bare with us right know its in the works
drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274

Old December 18th 04, 04:15 PM
beelzebub of balance

I got a couple of tips from one of Kris Holm's workshops.

1. When balancing on a rail, try to keep your weight over the wheel.

2. When doing a still stand, try to keep the wheel beneath you.

(I may have gotten these reversed.)

Seriously, riding a Telford is no different at all. Your center of
gravity is the same.

The reason Geoffrey used the sloping top tube was to put suspension
posts at the angle they were made for. The other reason was easthetic.
They are beautiful machines.

David

Old December 19th 04, 09:48 AM
Klaas Bil

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:30:49 -0600, "beelzebub of balance" wrote:

Another

With respect to the seatpost, the seat angle looks normal. But with
respect to the straight line to the wheel, the upwards angle is
humongous. Don't you tend to just slip off backwards?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"Deflating pi does not reduce calories, it just concentrates them. - billham"

Old December 19th 04, 12:55 PM
onetrack

me wantee!!!

I first saw/rode a telford in 98. I have wanted one ever since. Any one
want to trade for a kh24?

--
onetrack - unicycling newbie

why because blow up dolls are always funny....
-obie
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374