Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

Old October 27th 17, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On 26.10.2017 12:30, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 19:50:29 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 09/10/2017 21:00, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 8:59:19 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 20:54:07 +0100, Simon Jester
wrote:

On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 5:44:08 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-over-11312818

--
Bod

I suppose that is the best we can expect from the courts in this
day and age.
To convict him of dangerous driving would require his driving to
fall below that expected of a normal driver and his behaviour is
normal for motorists.
Quite how threatening to run someone over with 2 tonnes of metal
became acceptable behaviour is beyond me.
If you put a gun to someones head and threatened to shoot them
because they were in your way you would be in prison for life.

Explain why the cyclist pulled in front of him without using his
mirrors.

The cyclist did not have mirrors.

Is that because he doesn't show a reflection?

No, it's because some cyclists are incompetant.* Drive a car with no mirrors
and you get arrested.

IFYPFY
Old October 27th 17, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 26.10.2017 07:56, JNugent wrote:
On 12/10/2017 10:21, Peter Keller wrote:
On 12.10.2017 10:27, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:41:56 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 11:52:57 +0100
Bod wrote:

Should I commit suicide now? If so, suggest a quick method.

Undertake a tipper or skip truck in central London morning peak
traffic.

I actually saw a cyclist undertake a bus at traffic light this morning
Just because the bus was not indicating to turn left does not mean it
is not
going to turn left. Unfortunately the bus did not turn left.

If something isn't indicating let, it has no right to turn left.
Anyone who can't use an indicator should have their license removed
instantly.

Agreed (for a change)

You plumped for the wrong post to agree with! ;-)

I did?
Old October 27th 17, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Bod wrote:

Should I commit suicide now? If so, suggest a quick method.

Undertake a tipper or skip truck in central London morning peak
traffic.

I actually saw a cyclist undertake a bus at traffic light this morning
Just because the bus was not indicating to turn left does not mean it
is not
going to turn left. Unfortunately the bus did not turn left.

If something isn't indicating let, it has no right to turn left.
Anyone who can't use an indicator should have their license removed
instantly.

Agreed (for a change)

You plumped for the wrong post to agree with! ;-)

I did?

You did. There is no (UK) requirement for a vehicle to be fitted with
indicators, though if fitted at all, they have to work.
Old October 28th 17, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Bod wrote:

Should I commit suicide now? If so, suggest a quick method.

Undertake a tipper or skip truck in central London morning peak
traffic.

I actually saw a cyclist undertake a bus at traffic light this
morning
Just because the bus was not indicating to turn left does not mean it
is not
going to turn left. Unfortunately the bus did not turn left.

If something isn't indicating let, it has no right to turn left.
Anyone who can't use an indicator should have their license removed
instantly.

Agreed (for a change)

You plumped for the wrong post to agree with! ;-)

I did?

You did. There is no (UK) requirement for a vehicle to be fitted with
indicators, though if fitted at all, they have to work.

Sorry I did not know that.
Presumably there is still a requirement to signal somehow? I can imagine
that having an arm out the open window signalling while making a turn
would not be that conducive to safe driving.
Old October 28th 17, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Bod wrote:

[...]

It's odd.

The ability to signal by means of automatic signals and traditional hand
signals is, as far as I know, still tested as part of the driving test.

But the C&U Regs do not require indicators to be fitted and there is no
legal requirement to give signals (and therefore no offence of failing
to signal, though it might - just - be caught in the "driving without
due consideration for other road-users" provision *if* the vehice is
fitted with them).
Old October 29th 17, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Bod wrote:

[...]

Yes I agree it is very odd.
In this UK colony cars have required automatic signals for as long as I
can remember; at first lighted "semaphore" sticks which sprang out from
the sides of the vehicle, and later flashing amber lights.