Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

Old October 11th 17, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

But I do USE it (as I just explained). As for being "mobility scooter"?
how many mobility scooters can do 30mph plus.

Just as a side issue, do you feel the need to wear head protection on
your electric bicycle?

No.

I much prefer to cycle without a cycle helmet, but then I don't do too
much cycling in busy traffic.

Do you use your bike in heavy traffic, much?

No, country roads, but mostly off road.

Oh, right... sounds great fun! I'm sure I wouldn't wear any head
protection under those circumstances either. Well, never say never,
but I would prefer not to, certainly.

Indeed and it is great fun.

--
Bod
Old October 11th 17, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 11:52:57 +0100
Bod wrote:

Should I commit suicide now? If so, suggest a quick method.

Undertake a tipper or skip truck in central London morning peak traffic.

Old October 11th 17, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:25:46 +0100
Bod wrote:

Do you use your bike in heavy traffic, much?

No, country roads, but mostly off road.

Oh, right... sounds great fun! I'm sure I wouldn't wear any head
protection under those circumstances either. Well, never say never,
but I would prefer not to, certainly.

Indeed and it is great fun.

Off-roading and time trialling were the only times that I made a point
of wearing a helmet, the former because I was quite likely to fall off
at moderate speed, sometimes backwards, and the latter for aerodynamic
advantage (plus I was likely to be riding head-down, not normally a
problem on the courses I rode but you never know ...)

Old October 11th 17, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Bod wrote:

Do you use your bike in heavy traffic, much?

No, country roads, but mostly off road.

Oh, right... sounds great fun! I'm sure I wouldn't wear any head
protection under those circumstances either. Well, never say never,
but I would prefer not to, certainly.

Indeed and it is great fun.

Off-roading and time trialling were the only times that I made a point
of wearing a helmet, the former because I was quite likely to fall off
at moderate speed, sometimes backwards, and the latter for aerodynamic
advantage (plus I was likely to be riding head-down, not normally a
problem on the courses I rode but you never know ...)

Understood, but I personally don't do any of those activeties.

--
Bod
Old October 11th 17, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:07:52 +0100
Bod wrote:

On 11/10/2017 16:40, Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:25:46 +0100
Bod wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
Off-roading and time trialling were the only times that I made a
point of wearing a helmet, the former because I was quite likely to
fall off at moderate speed, sometimes backwards, and the latter for
aerodynamic advantage (plus I was likely to be riding head-down,
not normally a problem on the courses I rode but you never know ...)

Understood, but I personally don't do any of those activeties.

Regular utility or recreational cycling doesn't require any special
clothing, including funny hats (although I'd avoid jeans for several
reasons). Even with footwear, which is responsible for transmitting
motive force to the machine, what you normally wear off the bike is
often good enough. I have one bike with clippy pedals, all the rest
have flats that work for army boots, trainers, loafers or dress shoes
(I haven't tried platforms, heels, wellies or rigger boots, but I
suspect they mostly wouldn't be so good).

Old October 11th 17, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Bod wrote:

Should I commit suicide now? If so, suggest a quick method.

Undertake a tipper or skip truck in central London morning peak
traffic.

I actually saw a cyclist undertake a bus at traffic light this morning
Just because the bus was not indicating to turn left does not mean it is not
going to turn left. Unfortunately the bus did not turn left.

Old October 11th 17, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Bod wrote:

On 11/10/2017 16:40, Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:25:46 +0100
Bod wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]

High heels? ;-)

--
Bod
Old October 11th 17, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:51:49 +0100
Bod wrote:

On 11/10/2017 17:30, Rob Morley wrote:

Regular utility or recreational cycling doesn't require any special
clothing, including funny hats (although I'd avoid jeans for several
reasons). Even with footwear, which is responsible for transmitting
motive force to the machine, what you normally wear off the bike is
often good enough. I have one bike with clippy pedals, all the rest
have flats that work for army boots, trainers, loafers or dress
shoes (I haven't tried platforms, heels, wellies or rigger boots,
but I suspect they mostly wouldn't be so good).

High heels? ;-)

They're just so hard to find in a size UK12. Correction - loads on
eBay. but I already have a bad back and knees, and no desire to be
taller.

Old October 11th 17, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 22:27:29 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I actually saw a cyclist undertake a bus at traffic light this morning
Just because the bus was not indicating to turn left does not mean it is not
going to turn left. Unfortunately the bus did not turn left.

If something isn't indicating let, it has no right to turn left. Anyone
who can't use an indicator should have their license removed instantly.

He wasn't talking to you, Birbrain and he thinks you are a piece of ****,
yet you KEEP trying to have a conversation with him. Have you NO shame at
all, you filthy sociopath?

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about himself:
" I have no plans to make children. The world is already too full, and I