To cycle is to live dangerously...[

Old October 21st 17, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default To cycle is to live dangerously...[

And I thought my magpies are psycho. Short video:
http://hub.chainreactioncycles.com/l...ombing-cyclist

Andre Jute
The revenge of Rachel Carson
Old October 22nd 17, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Magpies are so graceful wonderful bird

Ace video...possibly egg white helmets are in with bee yellow.

Old October 22nd 17, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
And I thought my magpies are psycho. Short video:
http://hub.chainreactioncycles.com/l...ombing-cyclist

The eagle that dive bombed a helicopter only did it once.

Old October 22nd 17, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 8:51:18 PM UTC+1, Ian Field wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
And I thought my magpies are psycho. Short video:
http://hub.chainreactioncycles.com/l...ombing-cyclist

The eagle that dive bombed a helicopter only did it once.

Heh-heh.

Andre Jute
Rachel Carson spins in her grave
Old October 23rd 17, 11:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Ian Field wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
And I thought my magpies are psycho. Short video:
http://hub.chainreactioncycles.com/l...ombing-cyclist

The eagle that dive bombed a helicopter only did it once.

Often it only happens once to the helicopter too. I used to get chopper
rides out to the seismic boats that we did the nav and recording for.
Mostly ex Viet Nam pilots. The one thing that scared them was a bird.
These were guys that would land a helicopter on a boat rolling in rough
seas.

--
duane
Old October 24th 17, 10:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:09:29 -0000 (UTC), Duane
wrote:

Ian Field wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
And I thought my magpies are psycho. Short video:
http://hub.chainreactioncycles.com/l...ombing-cyclist

The eagle that dive bombed a helicopter only did it once.

Often it only happens once to the helicopter too. I used to get chopper
rides out to the seismic boats that we did the nav and recording for.
Mostly ex Viet Nam pilots. The one thing that scared them was a bird.
These were guys that would land a helicopter on a boat rolling in rough
seas.

I don't know what sort of helicopters you were riding in but in
Vietnam a UH-1 could literally chop down trees with the main rotor.

Frankly I didn't believe this but I got a call to go down to the
Chopper parking area to "measure a dent in a rotor". When I got there
the pilot was sort of shuffling around (seemed sort of interested in
dents) and after I measured the depth of the dent I asked him about it
and he said it was a med-evac and a "tight hole" and he hit a tree.

The Belling Tech Rep got there and we measured the dent again and he
then measured the location of the dent on the leading edge rotor
blade, the distance from the attaching hole, and says, "It's O.K. you
can fly it. It turns out that depending on the location of a dent in
the leading edge of a UH-1 rotor blade it can still be airworthy,
depending on the depth of the dent of course.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old October 24th 17, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

My latest run kelty day pack is bright blue...REI offering only bright blue kelty day packs

Quick, name a bright blue food source
Old October 24th 17, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

Ian Field wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
[...]

The dent has to be within a certain radius so that it doesn't start a wave in the rotor. Inside that radius it takes a hell of a lot of damage for the Heli not to fly.

The really great things now is silent flying of a heli. I think what's happening is that they have a great deal of lift and they go silent simply by reducing the angle of attack of the rotor. Of course that would limit the load.
Old October 24th 17, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/24/2017 7:26 AM, wrote:
My latest run kelty day pack is bright blue...REI offering only bright blue kelty day packs

Quick, name a bright blue food source

Easy. Just ask any seven year old:

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/CHEBLU1.JPG

--