Best Aussie online store

Old July 3rd 04, 04:45 AM
Dominic Sansom

Default Best Aussie online store

nuther one

http://www.freedommachine.com.au

Old July 3rd 04, 01:40 PM
L'acrobat

http://www.cecilwalker.com.au/

is good.

"Brad Hubbard" wrote in message
Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy parts/accessories

online
(yes, I know about Ebay).

Cheers,
Brad

Old July 3rd 04, 02:03 PM
DRS

"L'acrobat" wrote in message

http://www.cecilwalker.com.au/

is good.

Oh, dear, top-posting again.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 3rd 04, 02:30 PM
hippy

Originally posted by Drs Oh, dear, top-posting again.

God.. here we go again..

Anyway, I can put up a page that lists good retailers and distinguishes
online retailers... gimme time though.. I still haven't converted my
website yet.. :S

hippy

Old July 3rd 04, 11:09 PM
John L

Still anal I see :-)

John L.

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 23:03:47 +1000, "DRS"
wrote:

"L'acrobat" wrote in message

http://www.cecilwalker.com.au/

is good.

Oh, dear, top-posting again.

Old July 3rd 04, 11:23 PM
DRS

"John L" wrote in message

Still anal I see :-)

No.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 4th 04, 01:18 AM
L'acrobat

Oh, dear still trying to control Usenet I see.

"DRS" wrote in message
"L'acrobat" wrote in message

http://www.cecilwalker.com.au/

is good.

Oh, dear, top-posting again.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 4th 04, 03:30 AM
mfhor

L'Acrobat wrote:
Oh, dear still trying to control Usenet I see.

Hey. It's bad enough you guys f*&%ing up one thread with your endless
inane vitriol. Put it this way, if you were on a ride, together, I'd
expect you to have hooked each other into the weeds after 5k's ARGUING
ABOUT WHICH WAY A TYRE STICKER SHOULD GO ON THE WHEEL!!!! SHUT UP!!! I
wouldn't go anywhere near either of you, even if you were the only wheel
into a 50km/h headwind.

M "harmony in the bunch = harmony in the mind" H

Old July 4th 04, 04:11 AM
Marty Wallace

I used the "block sender" thingo in outlook express to get rid of these guys
and it works a treat!

Marty

Old July 4th 04, 11:39 AM
Mike

Brad Hubbard wrote:
Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy parts/accessories online

None of them. Not one. Unless you want a poor range and high prices, you
will need to look at overseas shops. I was impressed by aebike.com .

Locally, take http://www.bikenow.com.au/ as an example.

Cheapest crankset is $193 for an M510.
From aebike I had a massive choice. The M510 was US$60, (A$100)
but a more suitable one (in this case) was US$35, ie
about A$70 delivered (with other items).

What about the LBS? I tried a local shop (biggest in perth possibly?)
No 9-speed MTB crankset in stock. They offered an inferior Alivio
model at a higher price. Fortunately, I could afford to wait 1-2
weeks for an overseas order.

Another comparison. HG-50 cassette. $80-90 here and limited choice.
USA: US$29, or choose an SRAM.

Though bikenow does include freight to any capitol(sic) city.