The most important thing about bikes

Old July 5th 04, 01:53 PM
James

Default The most important thing about bikes

Marty Wallace wrote:
"hippy" wrote in message

After the ease with which the street fixie was powdercoated,
I'm thinking about stripping the stock GT SS paint and having
it done as well.. HOT PINK! (or maybe not.. I've heard you
have to be able to ride fast otherwise it's just gay :-) )

Powdercoat colours:
http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/service/farbtabelle_e.html

hippy

Pink bikes don't get stolen. No self respecting bike thief would be seen
dead on a pink bike.

Marty

One April fools day one lecturer at Uni had his bike painted pink, by
the students. He used it to get to work, he lived on campus, he had no
car as his wife had left him and taken the car with her. It did not make
his bike go faster, it was an old single speed job. And not it did no
get stolen, but I don't think anyone would want to steal it anyway.

James.

Old July 5th 04, 05:37 PM
Bert L.am

"flyingdutch" schreef in bericht
You know. what colour is it/them?

Which colour goes fastest or what other colours are de rigeur for
specific uses?

--

The fire dept has red cars.
When there is a fire going on they are in a hurry and need to go as fast as

Old July 6th 04, 01:30 AM
hippy

"Bert L.am" wrote in message

The fire dept has red cars.
When there is a fire going on they are in a hurry and need to go as

fast as
they can.
Need any other proof?
I know I don't.

Does that make white the slowest, because that's
the colour of Vic ambulances? ;-)

I'd go blue and red, like a cop car.. they know no
speed limits! :-)

hippy

Old July 6th 04, 02:06 AM
Marty Wallace

"hippy" wrote in message
"Bert L.am" wrote in message

The fire dept has red cars.
When there is a fire going on they are in a hurry and need to go as

fast as
they can.
Need any other proof?
I know I don't.

Does that make white the slowest, because that's
the colour of Vic ambulances? ;-)

I'd go blue and red, like a cop car.. they know no
speed limits! :-)

hippy

Hippy I think you've nearly stumbled on the answer. It's FLASHING LIGHTS
that make you go fast. That's what all of these vehicles have in common.
Cover your bike in flashing lights and you're sure to go fast! And just to
be extra certain, I think you should put a few loud sirens on the handlebars
too.

Marty

Old July 6th 04, 04:26 AM
LAN Support

Everyone should own at least one orange bike. It's what Merckx rode...

Old July 6th 04, 04:34 AM
flyingdutch

Rhonda wrote:
look darling don't worry about the colour, unless you have the GT
stickers on you are just not in the race.

"That's CAPTAIN darling to you!" (homage black adder)

Old July 6th 04, 04:34 AM
flyingdutch

Nickzx6r wrote:
I overheard two guys on the street saying that metallic black 853 frames
are the real new black. And what's even cooler is to have black decals
that you can't read
--
Nick

That sounds cool.

I hear steel is making a comeback

FD-off to investigate getting my 853 painted metallic black...

Old July 7th 04, 09:14 PM
kingsley

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:26:51 +1000, LAN Support wrote:

Everyone should own at least one orange bike. It's what Merckx rode...

I was in Cheeky Monkey the other day, and they had some new
Birdy's in. Colours: Black, something and Orange. I said something
to the affect that the bike is nice, but why'd they paint it
bloody orange, it being one of those in-between colours and
not very striking.

Another guy in the shop pointed out that Dave(?), who I was
talking too, indeed had an orange pride & joy... very embarassment.

-kt

Old July 7th 04, 09:14 PM
kingsley

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:01:57 +0800, Marty Wallace wrote:

Not just any black. It has to be carbon weave with touches of titanium, ie
the Stealth Bomber look.

That's funny, 'cause the actually radar-absorbing stealth paint
is supposedly exceedingly heavy.

I reckon you should be able to get your bike painted in the
reflective white stuff used on roads.

-kt

Old July 8th 04, 12:00 AM
hippy

Originally posted by Kingsley I reckon you should be able to get your
bike painted in the reflective white stuff used on roads.

That'd just be asking for people to drive over you...

boom tish splat!

hippy