No name carbon frames

Old July 7th 04, 03:44 AM
tonykara

Default No name carbon frames

like most i would love to ride something italian, my marque of choice is
bianchi, however the price tags on a good frame with a decent
groupo....campag of course, will set you back around the AUS$5k mark. i
dont know about you but my g'friend said im dreaming!.

in this months Bicycling Australia mag there is an add for PedalForce
carbon monocoqe frames for AUS$1,071.68. thaey say that they are made by
those who make the likes of Look and Kestrel. Anyone got one? what do
you think.

Old July 7th 04, 04:15 AM
hippy

Originally posted by tonykara in this months Bicycling Australia mag
there is an add for PedalForce carbon monocoqe frames for
AUS$1,071.68. thaey say that they are made by those who make the likes
of Look and Kestrel. Anyone got one? what do you think.

They do have a name.. Pedal Force http://www.pedalforce.com/

Grain of salt in hand: http://www.bikecafe.net/directory/XcDirViewRatin-
gs.asp?LinkID=1486&CatID=69

Here's a pic of a Chorus buildup: http://www.cyclingforums.com/t41866-15-
17.html

http://smallproblem.com/carbon/

I've never seen one before.. sorry I don't have a personal review
Quite willing to test the one you buy though..

hippy

Old July 7th 04, 04:15 AM
suzyj

Originally posted by tonykara:

in this months Bicycling Australia mag there is an add for PedalForce
carbon monocoqe frames for AUS$1,071.68. thaey say that they are made
by those who make the likes of Look and Kestrel. Anyone got one? what
do you think.

As an owner of an expensive Italian bike (a Colnago Dream Plus) I can
attest that they aren't worth the money.

While this frame is probably just as good as those made for the major
manufacturers, and indeed is probably made by the same people, it's just
plastic. Why not spend your money on a decent steel frame that'll last,
rather than something that will fall apart inside of five years.

Regards,

Suzy

Old July 7th 04, 04:15 AM
Marty Wallace

--

If you don't mind Titanium instead of Carbon then you could try this place.
http://www.xacd.com.cn/product.asp?rootcl=1

You can get their frames for much less than $1000.

Marty

Old July 7th 04, 04:30 AM
tonykara

Ive looked at a custom steel frames such as paconi and ciombola....the
later seems abit dear compared to paconi. but everyone i know is either
on alloy/carbon or carbon. I currently ride full alloy and its
HARSH...... how smooth is steel and would you need the rear carbon on
say an ultrafoco or EOM 16.5 frame?

Old July 7th 04, 04:42 AM
Marty Wallace

"suzyj" wrote in message
.. .
Originally posted by tonykara:

in this months Bicycling Australia mag there is an add for PedalForce
carbon monocoqe frames for AUS$1,071.68. thaey say that they are made
by those who make the likes of Look and Kestrel. Anyone got one? what
do you think.

As an owner of an expensive Italian bike (a Colnago Dream Plus) I can
attest that they aren't worth the money.

While this frame is probably just as good as those made for the major
manufacturers, and indeed is probably made by the same people, it's just
plastic. Why not spend your money on a decent steel frame that'll last,
rather than something that will fall apart inside of five years.

Regards,

Suzy

--

For a few years I raced on a steel bike that I bought from a bike shop for
$20. The bike shop owner had to find it in the "shed out the back

Marty

Old July 7th 04, 06:00 AM
flyingdutch

try this place. http://www.xacd.com.cn/product.asp?r...t.asp?rootcl=1
You can get their frames for much less than $1000.
Marty

Tony. that's the mob i mentioned on Sunday

Marty has a rather noice lookin roadie from them There's also a
huge thread on cyclingplus.co.uk re these guys (search under
'cheap' and 'Ti' )

PS cycleworks.com.au (box hill) are doing your beloved Bianchi cheap at
the mo with upgraded bits...

Seeing as we use the same pedals we can swap bikes for a bit this
Sunday if you like (altho you'd have to teach me how to use that
JapaneseSTI stuff )

Old July 7th 04, 06:15 AM
hippy

Originally posted by Marty Wallace For a few years I raced on a steel
bike that I bought from a bike shop for $20. The bike shop owner had to
find it in the "shed out the back somewhere". I rubbed all the paint
off and re-sprayed it with some Bianchi coloured paint I bought from
the local auto shop. I still have that frame but the bits have been
robbed off it to put onto my Chinese Ti bikes.

Most people wouldn't know.. you could say it was a bike Merckx "tested"
when he was thinking about "defecting" or some guff

hippy

Old July 7th 04, 06:51 AM
DaveB

PS cycleworks.com.au (box hill) are doing your beloved Bianchi cheap at
the mo with upgraded bits...

Dutch if you're in there for your rim, can you have a quick look at the
Carnac shoes (which are half price at the moment) and see what the
cheapest set of road shoes are. Otherwise I'll ride over on Saturday to
check them out (although must conserve energy for BR4).

DaveB

Old July 7th 04, 07:29 AM
tonykara

Daveb wrote:
PS cycleworks.com.au (box hill) are doing your beloved
Bianchi cheap at the mo with upgraded bits...

Dutch if you're in there for your rim, can you have a quick look at the
Carnac shoes (which are half price at the moment) and see what the
cheapest set of road shoes are. Otherwise I'll ride over on Saturday to
check them out (although must conserve energy for BR4).
DaveB

what size are your feet, i have a pair of adidas RD Comp shoes (top of
the line carbon soled) ive done about 1000km on them but they are too
small, i think they are a size 42.5