Cyclist displaying high standards

Old July 18th 13, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

Default Cyclist displaying high standards

As per title:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=159_1374124790
Old July 18th 13, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:05:07 AM UTC+1, Partac wrote:
As per title:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=159_1374124790

Only posted a few hours and already over 200 comments. What a pointless world.
Old July 18th 13, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 18/07/2013 10:27, Squashme wrote:

Partac wrote:

As per title:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=159_1374124790

Only posted a few hours and already over 200 comments. What a pointless world.

The title on the video itself was one of praise for the bus-driver, and
it was an excellent reaction on her part.

Incredibly quick emergency stop.

I hope that the driver and none of the (entirely innocent) bus
passengers were injured in what was obviously a rapid deceleration.
Old July 18th 13, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Partac wrote:

As per title:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=159_1374124790

Only posted a few hours and already over 200 comments. What a
pointless world.

The title on the video itself was one of praise for the bus-driver,
and it was an excellent reaction on her part.

Incredibly quick emergency stop.

I hope that the driver and none of the (entirely innocent) bus
passengers were injured in what was obviously a rapid deceleration.

I thought it was sad that no-one actually went and comforted the girl and
made her at least sit still, she would definitely be in shock and possibly
had broken bits.

Old July 18th 13, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Partac wrote:

As per title:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=159_1374124790

Only posted a few hours and already over 200 comments. What a
pointless world.

The title on the video itself was one of praise for the bus-driver,
and it was an excellent reaction on her part.

Incredibly quick emergency stop.

I hope that the driver and none of the (entirely innocent) bus
passengers were injured in what was obviously a rapid deceleration.

I thought it was sad that no-one actually went and comforted the girl and
made her at least sit still, she would definitely be in shock and possibly
had broken bits.

The driver seemed to be doing some of that, though it wasn't apparently
in sight of the cameras.
Old July 18th 13, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Partac wrote:

As per title:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=159_1374124790

Only posted a few hours and already over 200 comments. What a
pointless world.

The title on the video itself was one of praise for the bus-driver,
and it was an excellent reaction on her part.

Incredibly quick emergency stop.

I hope that the driver and none of the (entirely innocent) bus
passengers were injured in what was obviously a rapid deceleration.

I thought it was sad that no-one actually went and comforted the girl and
made her at least sit still, she would definitely be in shock and possibly
had broken bits.

I recall a time when I was in a bike box at the head of a traffic
queue on the A20 he
http://goo.gl/maps/y9Nsw

I berated a National Express coach driver for illegally encroaching
into the bike box.

The lights went green and we all pulled off. At the moment of pulling
off my bicycle handlebars broke, and there was nothing for me to do
but end up in a heap on the tarmac.

The National Express coach driver stopped 2 inches from my arse.

Never before have I been happier that coach drivers have such
excellent forward visibility with their extra large and low front
windscreens.
Old July 18th 13, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:05:07 AM UTC+1, Partac wrote:
As per title:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=159_1374124790

I note that the site "LiveLeak" has a section of "Top Leakers", which is probably pretty accurate for the demographic.
Old July 18th 13, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

Partac wrote:

[...]

Thanks for providing even more evidence that cycles are not a viable form of
transport

Old July 18th 13, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Partac wrote:

[...]

and that motor vehicle drivers are well trained, attentive and have quick
reactions, their vehicles good brakes, and that drivers are not easily
baited by ignorant cyclists.

Old July 18th 13, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:34:59 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

The lights went green and we all pulled off. At the moment of pulling
off my bicycle handlebars broke, and there was nothing for me to do
but end up in a heap on the tarmac.

"The handle-bars broke" - what was it - instantaneous metal fatigue?

Or was the bike poorly maintained?