Cyclists are driver's biggest fear on the roads

Old November 21st 16, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Cyclists are driver's biggest fear on the roads

On Monday, 21 November 2016 10:39:35 UTC, Bod wrote:
On 21/11/2016 10:20, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 21 November 2016 09:26:24 UTC, Bod wrote:

I could see it was passenger's side, but it was still almost centre of
the screen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxx2N5pWEAA3Y0a.jpg

Bloody heck! why on earth have you got that satnav up so high. that is
blocking a lot of your view. The satnav looks almost the size of a small
computer monitor. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

Better than the one on my new Giulia where you have to copy the mobile phone nodders and look down at the console, which is where we came in.

Old November 21st 16, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 21/11/2016 13:15, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 21 November 2016 10:39:35 UTC, Bod wrote:
On 21/11/2016 10:20, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 21 November 2016 09:26:24 UTC, Bod wrote:

I could see it was passenger's side, but it was still almost centre of
the screen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxx2N5pWEAA3Y0a.jpg

Bloody heck! why on earth have you got that satnav up so high. that is
blocking a lot of your view. The satnav looks almost the size of a small
computer monitor. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

Better than the one on my new Giulia where you have to copy the mobile phone nodders and look down at the console, which is where we came in.

I only listen to my satnav, that's what you are supposed to do. That's
the whole point of it *speaking* directions.
Old November 21st 16, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 21 November 2016 13:26:12 UTC, Bod wrote:

I only listen to my satnav, that's what you are supposed to do. That's
the whole point of it *speaking* directions.

I can give mine verbal instructions as well, but it doesn't understand this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMtcFQfXxXM
Old November 21st 16, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 21/11/2016 13:32, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 21 November 2016 13:26:12 UTC, Bod wrote:

I only listen to my satnav, that's what you are supposed to do. That's
the whole point of it *speaking* directions.

I can give mine verbal instructions as well, but it doesn't understand this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMtcFQfXxXM

I recommend this book for you:

English Speaking Lessons - Book a trial class - lingoda.com‎
Adwww.lingoda.com/learn/english‎

Old November 21st 16, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 10:39:32 +0000
Bod wrote:

Bloody heck! why on earth have you got that satnav up so high. that
is blocking a lot of your view. The satnav looks almost the size of a
small computer monitor. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

I use an 8 inch tablet for sat nav, so it /is/ a small computer
monitor. :-) But it's set above the steering column and below the top
of the dashboard so it doesn't obscure anything, and I don't have to
glance down far to see it. I'd be uncomfortable driving with anything
obscuring my forward view like that - it's bad enough having to look
around the A-pillars and interior mirror. It took me a while to get
used to all that /stuff/ between me and the forward view because I was
pedal/motorcycling (and tractor/dumper driving) before I got on the
road in a car. (I also tended to twitch the steering wheel when
changing gear because my muscle memory thought that was the throttle!)

Old November 21st 16, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Bod wrote:

Bloody heck! why on earth have you got that satnav up so high. that
is blocking a lot of your view. The satnav looks almost the size of a
small computer monitor. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

I use an 8 inch tablet for sat nav, so it /is/ a small computer
monitor. :-)

I have seen van windscreens festooned with phones, satnavs, dashcams, work schedules, clipboards on dashes, coke tins, crisp packets and other detritus, so mine the the epitome of neatness and order.
Old November 21st 16, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/11/2016 07:55, Bod wrote:

On 21/11/2016 07:41, Alycidon wrote:

Especially the ones on the dog and bone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-mobiles.html

Yup, I see lots of low intelligence drivers with phones stuck to their
ears.

Yes, it's still too prevalent.

But there is nothing about cyclists in the cited article.

Old November 21st 16, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/11/2016 08:39, Bod wrote:
On 21/11/2016 08:30, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 21 November 2016 08:09:53 UTC, Bod wrote:
On 21/11/2016 08:05, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 21 November 2016 07:55:32 UTC, Bod wrote:
On 21/11/2016 07:41, Alycidon wrote:
Especially the ones on the dog and bone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-mobiles.html

Yup, I see lots of low intelligence drivers with phones stuck to their
ears.

https://youtu.be/rvvmqmcCFRs

What is that annoying thing wavering on the windscreen?

The DAB antenna for my Garmin Nuvicam that picks up traffic jams and
gives you alternative routes or adds on time to your ETA.

Couldn't you have placed the antennae on the side of the screen where it
wouldn't be so intrusive? That would irritate me where it is.

In some American states, that would be illegal and would attract a
penalty. Same with GPS/Satnav: it has to be positioned so that the
driver cannot reach it whilst driving - again, in some states.
Old November 21st 16, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Bod wrote:

Bloody heck! why on earth have you got that satnav up so high. that
is blocking a lot of your view. The satnav looks almost the size of a
small computer monitor. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

I use an 8 inch tablet for sat nav, so it /is/ a small computer
monitor. :-)

I have seen van windscreens festooned with phones, satnavs, dashcams, work schedules, clipboards on dashes, coke tins, crisp packets and other detritus, so mine the the epitome of neatness and order.

"Please sir, some other people do even more wrong things than I do
(well, according to me, they do), so all the wrong things I do are
acceptable".