A chain on fire

Old July 31st 19, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default A chain on fire

This happen to anyone here yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_TJwAzw8uQ
Old August 1st 19, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 4:25:31 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
This happen to anyone here yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_TJwAzw8uQ

There must be a lot of friction going on to cause that much heat.

Old August 1st 19, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:58:32 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 4:25:31 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
This happen to anyone here yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_TJwAzw8uQ

There must be a lot of friction going on to cause that much heat.

In all of the installations I am aware of there is a brake
incorporated into the anchor winch that is used when lowering the
anchor and chain rode. The chain, which is an important part of the
anchoring system, is heavy enough that without a brake it would run
completely out even after the anchor reached the sea bed.
"Stud lock" anchor chain weighs , for 50mm chain, 57kg/mtr.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old August 1st 19, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 5:25:31 PM UTC-4, Doug Landau wrote:
This happen to anyone here yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_TJwAzw8uQ

Not me, and I'm the guy who re-waxes bike chains using a torch while the chain
is on the bike.

- Frank Krygowski

Fire Muni vivalargo Unicycling 8 August 5th 07 04:14 PM
Block chain, roller chain, shaft-drive, wood-rim, and world's weirdest chain [email protected] Techniques 8 April 15th 07 01:50 AM
battery fire Callistus Valerius Techniques 5 August 17th 06 08:01 PM
Third Fire near my house!! Sierraman Racing 8 September 14th 04 10:59 PM
fire unicycle and poi joemarshall Unicycling 2 June 14th 04 12:47 PM